Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people tell me I give him a hard time. "He's not that bad, he does a job" they say. I think that's the issue for me, he's not outrageously TERRIBLE, like say, an Oumar Niasse, but he's just not good at anything. He doesn't have a positive attribute, he's just so middle-of-the-road at absolutely everything that it winds me up. What is he supposed to be, box-to-box, ball winner, playmaker? He's none of those, he's just there.

Sometimes people tell me I give him a hard time. "He's not that bad, he does a job" they say. I think that's the issue for me, he's not outrageously TERRIBLE, like say, an Oumar Niasse, but he's just not good at anything. He doesn't have a positive attribute, he's just so middle-of-the-road at absolutely everything that it winds me up. What is he supposed to be, box-to-box, ball winner, playmaker? He's none of those, he's just there.
You are right mate, one word springs to mind, Dire.

I reckon we could get 10m for him. Not because he's any good or anything, but because stupid money is flying around and he's deemed an experienced Premier League quality player.

I mean, where does he play? If the answer is left wing then I'd (and am sure Koeman would too) have Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lennon over him. If the answer is attacking midfield in the middle it's Ross, either of Deulofeu or Mirallas and even Dowell before him. If the answer is defensive midfield then I'd probably - if fit - play Gibson over him, then clearly the likes of McCarthy, Besic, Gueye...

Basically, at any position he's about 4th choice at best. This sort of player is clearly welcome to leave.

You are right mate, one word springs to mind, Dire.

See, I don't think he is. He's average. Yes, we should be aiming higher than "average" and I wouldn't be bothered if we moved him on, but Niasse is "dire". We know what dire looks like. Cleverley is just a bang average Premier League centre mid.

I reckon we could get 10m for him. Not because he's any good or anything, but because stupid money is flying around and he's deemed an experienced Premier League quality player.

I mean, where does he play? If the answer is left wing then I'd (and am sure Koeman would too) have Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lennon over him. If the answer is attacking midfield in the middle it's Ross, either of Deulofeu or Mirallas and even Dowell before him. If the answer is defensive midfield then I'd probably - if fit - play Gibson over him, then clearly the likes of McCarthy, Besic, Gueye...

Basically, at any position he's about 4th choice at best. This sort of player is clearly welcome to leave.
Sadly Martinez is Belgium manager now so we will never shift him! Hang on - who signed him for Villa? Lambert? Is he back in a job yet?!!!

Sadly Martinez is Belgium manager now so we will never shift him! Hang on - who signed him for Villa? Lambert? Is he back in a job yet?!!!
Martinez will be insisting Lukaku send his sister on a date with T-Clev in the hope of them marrying and him gaining dual citizenship thus making him eligible for Belgium.

Last edited:
Cleverley is Osman. He's neat and tidy and rarely loses possession and is capable of the odd goal or nice assist. Osman was great for us when we had average teams but now we expect a better class of player. If we had Cleverley ten years ago he'd have probably been a fan favourite but we're better than that now.

Cleverley is Osman. He's neat and tidy and rarely loses possession and is capable of the odd goal or nice assist. Osman was great for us when we had average teams but now we expect a better class of player. If we had Cleverley ten years ago he'd have probably been a fan favourite but we're better than that now.

Cleverley is nowher near Osman for me. Osman could link things togeher well and had a real eye for a pass, as mentioned in this thread Cleverley just seems to do everything slightly below averagely.

Osman could pick a pass, I can't say the same for Snevelly,it's all about opinions, and mine is Snivelley is Dire.

Cleverley is nowher near Osman for me. Osman could link things togeher well and had a real eye for a pass, as mentioned in this thread Cleverley just seems to do everything slightly below averagely.
Cleverley definitely has an eye for a pass, remember him threading some great balls through to Rom at the beginning of the season before he got injured. He, like Osman, just doesn't do it enough.

Osman could pick a pass, I can't say the same for Snevelly,it's all about opinions, and mine is Snivelley is Dire.

Cleverley definitely has an eye for a pass mate - it comes from his days at Utd.

Osman was always more of a link player.

BTW, for all the hate, he didn't do anything wrong last night. Came on and played in the advanced midfielder position and did fine.

Not saying we shouldn't move him on if a decent offer does come in, but FWIW I think RK won't mind having him as a squad player.

Cleverley definitely has an eye for a pass mate - it comes from his days at Utd.

Osman was always more of a link player.

BTW, for all the hate, he didn't do anything wrong last night. Came on and played in the advanced midfielder position and did fine.

Not saying we shouldn't move him on if a decent offer does come in, but FWIW I think RK won't mind having him as a squad player.
Would rather he left mate,just my opinion like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back