Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I would of never thought this time last year that i'd be searching for this lads thread and still hoping for a speedy recovery, fits just right into our squad/team.

Hes fitted in rather nicely hasnt he.

Love it when a player proves fans wrong. Im not getting carried away but we need a squad and not just a starting 11, competition for places raises players and after seeing Osman pretty much anonymous the other night it shows that players like Cleverley and very much needed.

He;s not really 'proven the fans wrong' tho. I would venture a lot of people, myself included said that he's a decent footballer but we ought to be aiming at a better standard. Like @MACCA75 said, a load of 7/10 performances is what you are going to get with him. Not great, not crap, just decent. And he's going to start every match he's fit for, thats not what we should be looking at for a first team player.

He probably gets in my first choice XI, certainly ahead of Naismith and Kone. Him on one side, Deulofeu on the other, with Mirallas and Lennon on the bench to change the game. We don't play two wingers, so if we have to have one who isn't, I'd rather it was Tom. He's put some clever crosses in so far, we've just not scored from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back