Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Kilbride in the Echo:

The Blues boss said that he expects John Stones to be ready for the clash with Manchester United, but Tom Cleverley remains unfit.

“John has been doing some real, quality work here and it will be a matter of getting him match fit.

“We still have three very important games ahead of that fixture in terms of preparation so we will get a better idea on Friday of where John is," he said.
Both Leighton and Tom have rejoined regular training though which is a good sign, thought Cleverley was going to be out for much longer when he was stretchered off.

cleverly definitely has a role to play. All this talk about playing 2 wingers is fine, but there is a limit to the amount of players you can play that offer nothing defensively. We already have Lukaku and Barkley who have been told to not chase down just find space ,playing kev and Gerry as well would see us getting slaughtered in midfield. Picking a football team is not like picking a fantasy football team.

cleverly definitely has a role to play. All this talk about playing 2 wingers is fine, but there is a limit to the amount of players you can play that offer nothing defensively. We already have Lukaku and Barkley who have been told to not chase down just find space ,playing kev and Gerry as well would see us getting slaughtered in midfield. Picking a football team is not like picking a fantasy football team.

You manage a team mate?

He's a lot more than a usefull squad player imo. Already proving he's a superb signing by Martinez. My advice is to get used to see Cleverley as one of the first names on the team sheet for quite a few years to come.

Very happy with this I am too. He's on the left in my ideal starting XI. Really think him and Baines can get something special going down that side in attack, his workrate is fantastic and his tactical discipline/understanding is excellent too. Think he can turn out to be a perfect 'cog in the machine' type player.

So when can we expect him to be back in action?

When Dier tackled him (didnt see it) somuchfun txted me "Clevz ankle broken, season over"...Thank god it wasnt as bad as it first looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back