Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sq8byhw.jpg

That's mammalian life in the Jurassic period summed up in one picture.

Do you mean about the whole thread? So am I. It gets repetitious and boring, same as the DCL thread.

It was more of a Pink Floyd reference tbh, but, like Silva, I think Davies needs time.
It's just a shame that because of Koeman and Walsh's DISASTEROUS recruitment that he is having to play a fairly major role before he is ready for it. If he hasn't progressed much by the time he is 23 he needs to be gone.

IMO from what I have seen of Davies , I don't mind the lad want him to succeed but he is trying my patience

had a decent spell 2016/17 season seemed to have bags of potential , next season went downhill , lacking confidence , poor ball distribution , also lacking discipline / commitment EG chasing back when he loses the ball , seems to give up disappear out of the game when the game doesn't go our way , Silva either sees something in him or lacks options , he has given him a chance he wasn't bad against Southampton but terrible against Huddersfield

Therefore his inconsistency makes him highly frustrating to watch and at the current rate even at 20 he needs to come right quickly , hope he can turn it around

It was more of a Pink Floyd reference tbh, but, like Silva, I think Davies needs time.
It's just a shame that because of Koeman and Walsh's DISASTEROUS recruitment that he is having to play a fairly major role before he is ready for it. If he hasn't progressed much by the time he is 23 he needs to be gone.

Exactly, he is 23 in 3 years, thats 3 years! Thats a long long time in football, that is the age of the likes of Loftus Cheek & Winks now, who are both seen as midfield "propects" even at that age.
It just shows how ott peoples judgement on Davies has been, he has played far to much football for a lad his age, and 18 months in and out he team (in a good way e.g coming on with 20 minutes to go when a couple of goals up and in no presure situations, instead of in a bad way like last year, were we were putting him from position to position under imence presure to deliver) and spending most of his time on the training ground will do him the world of good

Only reason people defending Davies is because he's a local lad. Fact. He's useless and will never make the grade. Sorry to say but it's true.
Sorry mate, that is utterly ridiculous. Had you said the only reason people are defending Davies is because he is young, then you would have had a valid point. But over the years this forum has been littered with local players getting absolutely slated, from Rooney to Osman, Barkley, Baines, Anichebe, Hibbert, Stubbs, Jeffers, Rodwell. In fact you'll do well to find one who's escaped relatively unscathed.

If anything we have a track record of being rather hard on our local lads.

Exactly, he is 23 in 3 years, thats 3 years! Thats a long long time in football, that is the age of the likes of Loftus Cheek & Winks now, who are both seen as midfield "propects" even at that age.
It just shows how ott peoples judgement on Davies has been, he has played far to much football for a lad his age, and 18 months in and out he team (in a good way e.g coming on with 20 minutes to go when a couple of goals up and in no presure situations, instead of in a bad way like last year, were we were putting him from position to position under imence presure to deliver) and spending most of his time on the training ground will do him the world of good
Exactly. People expecting him to run games in the premier at 20 need shooting.

Why can't we just accept him for what he is. A work in progress who has already played far too much first team football due to poor management by the club coupled with a bad run of injuries to senior players.

He may or may not develop into a long term regular starter for us, but ffs let's give him and our other young lads a chance to develop without jumping on every single little thing they do wrong. These threads are getting very repetitious and boring as somebody said earlier.

Sorry mate, that is utterly ridiculous. Had you said the only reason people are defending Davies is because he is young, then you would have had a valid point. But over the years this forum has been littered with local players getting absolutely slated, from Rooney to Osman, Barkley, Baines, Anichebe, Hibbert, Stubbs, Jeffers, Rodwell. In fact you'll do well to find one who's escaped relatively unscathed.

Everton fans are hard on everyone, we hate all our players regardless of where they are from

Players will get stick when it's deserved local or not, and the majority on that list got the stick for either being not good enough or when they left and deserved it, only Barkley really had a point for undue stick but it was more frustration than anything else

Players will get stick when it's deserved local or not, and the majority on that list got the stick for either being not good enough or when they left and deserved it, only Barkley really had a point for undue stick but it was more frustration than anything else
Yeah. The point I was making is that you don't get a free run on here just because you're local.

Yeah. The point I was making is that you don't get a free run on here just because you're local.
I think it's more too do with the fact that fans are stuck in the mindset of how great our academy is. Maybe it's not quite as good as everyone thinks it is? Other than Barkley, who did show flashes of brilliance at times but also seemed more interested in playing the gangster around town, everyone else coming through the academy has ended up in the championship or league 1. As for Tom Davies, i think fans just look at the fact he has been around the first team squad for 3 years now, yet people are not actually sure what position he plays. He has a great engine, but everyone in the PL should as it's a very physical league, it's a min requirement. However his actual football skills seem somewhat lacking for this level at times, lack of spatial awareness, poor passing, positioning, stuff that for someone playing in midfield is kind of important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back