Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish i would have recorded some of the passes he is giving away for England U21 against Latvia its seriously laughable some of them look like toe pokes to absolutely no where not as if they are just missing there target they are utter John Smiths Worthy.
Wow! I watched the game too, my view on Davies posted elsewhere, he did have 1 or 2 passes to make your eyes roll , but so did many others including Dowell. He was easily the best player of our 5 who got on the pitch , played a deeper lying role and was the one picking up the ball from the defence , moving it forward with simple passes and was involved in the best passing movement of the match which lead to the second goal.
If you watched the match I assume you must have seen this too. At times it seems people just want to write negative stuff to get likes from Orly and Sagefc!

Wow! I watched the game too, my view on Davies posted elsewhere, he did have 1 or 2 passes to make your eyes roll , but so did many others including Dowell. He was easily the best player of our 5 who got on the pitch , played a deeper lying role and was the one picking up the ball from the defence , moving it forward with simple passes and was involved in the best passing movement of the match which lead to the second goal.
If you watched the match I assume you must have seen this too. At times it seems people just want to write negative stuff to get likes from Orly and Sagefc!

Sorry dude Completely disagree watched the whole match Dowell was much better and Kenny easily best out of bunch he was genuinely Awful and my opinion is the more i see he hasn't got what it take to really make it at the top level for us another Lower League Custodian for me.
Im not a frequent poster so dont know the Users you are talking about so your assumptions are incorrect on this occasion just another user with his honest assessment he hasnt got half the talent Barkley had or has and confidence was Barkleys and still is his main Problem.
You could watch Barkley and know that he had at least a couple of assists or Screamers in him a season Davies since the Man City match nothing much.

Sorry dude Completely disagree watched the whole match Dowell was much better and Kenny easily best out of bunch he was genuinely Awful and my opinion is the more i see he hasn't got what it take to really make it at the top level for us another Lower League Custodian for me.
Im not a frequent poster so dont know the Users you are talking about so your assumptions are incorrect on this occasion just another user with his honest assessment he hasnt got half the talent Barkley had or has and confidence was Barkleys and still is his main Problem.
You could watch Barkley and know that he had at least a couple of assists or Screamers in him a season Davies since the Man City match nothing much.
Barkley and Davies are different types of players. Davies will be much more intelligent with experience whereas Barkley largely relies on physical ability imo.

Davies is the kind of player you almost have to build your team around to maximize his skills...the problem is he's not good enough yet to do that. I believe he will be in time, but you can only get better by playing and learning. I know patience isn't a virtue associated with much of our fan base at the moment, but I have a lot more patience for a local lad who's a blue through and through than I do with some 20m import who's supposed to be the "finished article".

Again...HE'S 20

My comparison has nothing to do with type of player.
I am talking raw skill and ability even Barkley before the double leg break in his Youth Career was class he would throw real ballsy challenges in and show ruthless aggression a real box to box midfielder more to the like of Davies apparent style now yet still score goals and take people on.
It was only after the leg break which he was told was nearly career ending did he come back a lot more sheepish and careful moved further up the pitch and i still think without that injury he would be well established by now.

My dream is to see Dowell and Davies paired together in the center of the park behind a striker with 2 pacy wings either side. Not now, but in a few years.

My comparison has nothing to do with type of player.
I am talking raw skill and ability even Barkley before the double leg break in his Youth Career was class he would throw real ballsy challenges in and show ruthless aggression a real box to box midfielder more to the like of Davies apparent style now yet still score goals and take people on.
It was only after the leg break which he was told was nearly career ending did he come back a lot more sheepish and careful moved further up the pitch and i still think without that injury he would be well established by now.

Barkley's issues are 100% above the neck. I still rate him and didn't want him to leave but his football IQ doesn't match his natural ability.

Again its all well and good people defending him but at the end of the day everyone is entitled to there opinions and like an earlier poster said this is childs play in here compared to being at the match where u really learn what the majority of fans think every week.
Just give your opinion and dont assume everyone has an agenda or witch hunt.
For instance i stay up and try and watch most internationals at most hours including most U21 games you only needed to tune into Brazil last night to see real Talent and Class from a 21 year old Brazilian playing up front.
I like Tom as a lad he seems like he has a quality attitude and really hope he proves me wrong but as of right now thats my opinion and its not gonna change.

Barkley's issues are 100% above the neck. I still rate him and didn't want him to leave but his football IQ doesn't match his natural ability.

I say above in earlier message dude that Barkleys issue is in his bonce so yes agree.

I don't blame Davies, we should expect our midfielders to dominate a game, being too young/not good enough yet to do that is an indictment of the recruitment policy not him.
Yes would should critique his play but recognise his age, as long as he gives 100% in effort that's all we can ask surely.

My dream is to see Dowell and Davies paired together in the center of the park behind a striker with 2 pacy wings either side. Not now, but in a few years.

Baningme in the hole
giphy.gif

Barkley and Davies are different types of players. Davies will be much more intelligent with experience whereas Barkley largely relies on physical ability imo.
I don't blame Davies, we should expect our midfielders to dominate a game, being too young/not good enough yet to do that is an indictment of the recruitment policy not him.
Yes would should critique his play but recognise his age, as long as he gives 100% in effort that's all we can ask surely.

I think if he would have had a season or 2 in the championship or League One getting stuck in playing every week we would have seen much more progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back