2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most clubs offer their young players the use of accountants and good financial advice.
I Dembele a Sky documentary on Chelsea’s youth teams years ago
John Terry and Jody Morris were heavily featured
Out of a salary of 2k a week Terry has something like 250 pounds take home
Over half went into a pension and the club paid his mortgage and car repayments out of his wages
Terry more or less went along with whatever the club said financially.
Their policy was to give the young players as little discretionary income as possible and to make sure they had a secure future

Was the show called I Dembele?

I have visions of I Robot, with a rogue Chelsea player, Ashley Cole, firing his air rifle at work experience kids.

I don't care what he wears and I am sure that photograph was taken during the summer but as a young player I think it can be easy to lose focus on your football and be distracted by other things which the money these young players earn can afford.

I tend to agree with this. It's no problem if he is doing well and in the team, but Tom just doesn't give me the impression of someone determined and focused to succeed at this level, from his performances thus far. If that isn't correct, then he doesn't have a huge amount of time left to show it. Such is the churn in the squad, he has gone under the radar a bit but that will also come to an end eventually. He, more than others, might have benefited far more from a loan.

I tend to agree with this. It's no problem if he is doing well and in the team, but Tom just doesn't give me the impression of someone determined and focused to succeed at this level, from his performances thus far. If that isn't correct, then he doesn't have a huge amount of time left to show it. Such is the churn in the squad, he has gone under the radar a bit but that will also come to an end eventually. He, more than others, might have benefited far more from a loan.
It is an interesting one, the manager speaks very highly of him and it does appear that they are changing his game somewhat to become more of an attacking player but at the same time at present he is not a player you would be hoping to see selected every week.. it would almost be as if his selection weakened the team.

I think in time he may be groomed to be competition or a replacement for Sigurdsson.

It is an interesting one, the manager speaks very highly of him and it does appear that they are changing his game somewhat to become more of an attacking player but at the same time at present he is not a player you would be hoping to see selected every week.. it would almost be as if his selection weakened the team.

I think in time he may be groomed to be competition or a replacement for Sigurdsson.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall for the discussions Brands and Silva have about him, if you suspend the fantasy that they agree about everything under the sun.

My hunch is that he won't make it long-term here and the desire to cash in on him under contract will eventually come to the fore. He can do a good job at a lower level perhaps.

This is how I feel. Maybe the Instagram stuff is totally irrelevant but tom doesn't really give you the impression he's desperate to prove himself at the top level, and to be as committed to improving as that will require him to be. But what do I know maybe he's the hardest working member of the squad and will come good soon...

Made his first team debut in April 2016, He scored his first goal against City 13 days later and has done absolutely nothing since. How many more years are people going to cling on the the dream "He's one of our own, I hope he comes good" It's not going to happen!

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

Won't stop me hoping while he is still wearing a Royal Blue shirt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back