2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the correction.

Still, for the amount of time he spends on the pitch he earns approx 1. 25m / annum.

For someone so young, having little impact on our fortunes as a club, it seems like a hellish waste and sends out the wrong message to all our youth players.

I guess, as Koeman would say, 'this is football' . Bang average kids on Kings Ransoms riding the gravy train baby!!!
'This is futbol' lol

This...

Footballers are generally very dull people off the field so it's nice when someone different turns up.

I made a snide comment a while back when that video of him, DCL and Holgate came out where they were just laughing half the time during an interview...mentioned something about it was nice to see them before the inevitable removal of their personality. Maybe they actually listened...but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Has to be him or Delph alongside Gomes at least they have legs and energy. Gomes/Morgan and Sig is a circle of turd right now

I like him. If Gbamin and Delph are out then you simply need to pick one of Gomes and Schneiderlein and play them alongside Davies. We need energy and forward drive. Tonight we got none of that.

I can understand people's concerns with Davies, but that tonight was just dreadful. He offers something that obviously isn't ideal, but is far preferable to what we saw tonight.

Last night was a bench mark for this thread , when Davies plays in future he’ll undoubtedly get stick , and the criteria should be “Was he as bad as Gomes, Schneiderlin and Sigardsson were against Aston Villa.?” He could have replaced any of them last night and hard to think that he’d have done a worse job, but he’s not a replacement you’re going to make to change the game when you’re 1-0 down.

He will play against Lincoln and he will have a tough time of things is my prediction. I don't think Silva thinks he's good enough to be starting in the league. Seems to be a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back