2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is laughable but that people are calling for him because he `runs more than Gomes, Siggy.

Gueye gone, Davies should have gone on loan (hopefully to be sold if showing anything in the championship and Gomez should not have been bought because the fans like someone who gets time to pass it at Goodison.

We needed 3 players in most important spine area of the team. We are clinging to the hope Gbamin is decent.

All predicted by a tiny handful who were thoroughly underwhelmed with what Brands has left Silva in midfield.

Got a loy of praise and minted in the first team at an early age - people talk of the City game when he made his mark - but I rember him coming on away at Chelsea away in a desperate team performance in a humiliation on a Saturday Bonfirre Night when we were insipid - and I thought he was our best player on the night despite coming off the bench when the result was long gone. He shamed a few first teasers that night with his ability to pass the ball forward.

That said, he is what he is....an incredibly technical and proficient footballer. He is the product of an Academy alright in that he can do all the basics - and to a level above his age group - that is asked of a midfielder. It’s no surprise he plays well for England age groups, he is better than most lads of his age. But.......he doesn’t influence games in the Premiership on any regular basis, probably never will. Would he stand out in say Leeds’ midfield or Bournemouth ? I say this because he reminds me of Lewis Cook....a young footballer with incredible ability but who at the end of the day, is good.....not great. I think Silva will call on him now and then, but realises there are more effective options that can affect games at this level. He’s a squad player, an option off the bench, the fortunes of others ahead of him will determine how often he gets to play......then it’s up to him. It’s a cruel profession at this level and I’d be surprised if he has a long term future in our first team.

I think it´s an absolutely massive game if he plays tomorrow. Puts in a good performance and I think he gets the shirt for the weekend. It won´t be easy though, they will be biting into every challenge, it´s depressing that I think he will struggle to cope.

He has been given chance after chance to prove he is capable to hold down a first team place and time after time he has proved he is not capable and in my opinion he would even struggle in some championship sided to hold down a regular place.

So, it's time to take off your "Tom Davies Blue Tinted glasses" and stop this, he's only young, he's one of our own, he needs time to mature because it is NOT going to happen,

He needs to be sent on loan if he's this far out of favor. But of course they can't now with Gbamin injured. Not a good time in a career to be riding the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back