2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will play against Lincoln and he will have a tough time of things is my prediction. I don't think Silva thinks he's good enough to be starting in the league. Seems to be a last resort.

...if that was the case, surely he’d be getting moved on. It’s strange, I have no idea what the situation with Davies is but the fact he was made skipper and is still here suggests Silva rates him.

...if that was the case, surely he’d be getting moved on. It’s strange, I have no idea what the situation with Davies is but the fact he was made skipper and is still here suggests Silva rates him.

Next few weeks will be a big indicator. He has to get game time, simply down to there being so few options. As I said, I think Lincoln will be a hard game for him. If he plays well in that though, he will start Saturday.

From skipper away at Leicester last season where he and the team had a good win to the bench?

Next few weeks will be a big indicator. He has to get game time, simply down to there being so few options. As I said, I think Lincoln will be a hard game for him. If he plays well in that though, he will start Saturday.

...Lincoln tipped to beat us in this morning’s Racing Post, not surprising given their start and our performance last night.

...it’s strange, he seems well out of favour.
Our midfield last night was inept -Snides mainly passing it back - just one good through ball - Gomez had his boots on the wrong feet - tbh it showed me how much we reilied on Gana Gueye as an enforcer - as we had nothing too slow tippy tappy triangle going nowhere - we only livened up with the changes tbh - eg I said to my son ho long left in injury time- 5 minutes he replied - me -Hope pickford does not roll the ball out as it will take 5 minutes to get to the edge of their penalty area...... he kicked up field and that took the boredom out of it all - our Manager has got this so wrong the tippy tappy is ok when we are 2-3 nil ahead .... not drawing or behind......
Tom davies at least drives forwards and gives 100 percent effort oh and Gomez get your haircut I doubt it moved a wave last night.......

[
Last night was a bench mark for this thread , when Davies plays in future he’ll undoubtedly get stick , and the criteria should be “Was he as bad as Gomes, Schneiderlin and Sigardsson were against Aston Villa.?” He could have replaced any of them last night and hard to think that he’d have done a worse job, but he’s not a replacement you’re going to make to change the game when you’re 1-0 down.
Why not? Rather than chucking every forward on and bypassing midfield (which has hardly ever worked)why not bring some drive to midfield?

Maybe Silva thinks he can coach him to get more out of him. But it's weird how he doesn't get more minutes and it's stalling his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back