2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s probably 5th choice centre mid but been forced into playing every week. Not good enough but not like we have anyone else

There was no need to play him wide today. Ancelotti should know that (Jesus Christ, WE all know that).

Bernard and Davies could hardly be more different.

Bringing Davies in completely changed how we set up. Just put Walcott there and at least have that pace as an outlet and natural width.

Tom needs to sharpen up. The ball passes him by so often without any real anticipation from him and he ends up committing unnecessary fouls as he is too slow in his own tackling trying to retrieve the ball. Dont know how this is conquered though theres enough sports science boffins at Finch Farm to at least monitor it and maybe do sonething about it.

Imagine having to try and carry the Icelandic slug and Fabian the Wounded against City's midfield, then getting slated for coming up second best. Good to see the whipping boy getting his whipping again.

He tried harder than either of those 2 cart horses.

I would like to see Davies in a midfield of top class players. He is still only young.

Had no chance today.

Why we’ve decided to throw him out wide recently I’ll never know

Can do a job there for literally five minutes when we're holding on and just need someone to come in and break up play. That's it.

Frankly, I'm a bit worried we have a world class manager who didn't realise that, and the only conclusion I can draw from it is that we've already Evertoned Carlo in two games.

Can do a job there for literally five minutes when we're holding on and just need someone to come in and break up play. That's it.

Frankly, I'm a bit worried we have a world class manager who didn't realise that, and the only conclusion I can draw from it is that we've already Evertoned Carlo in two games.

Is it not down to lack of options? He´s literally the only centre mid functioning at the moment isn´t he apart from Delph?

Not good enough, but I like him, puts in a proper shift every game. Out of him, siggy and delph, Davies is first on my team sheet. Granted, that's only coz the rest are sooo bad.

Imagine having to try and carry the Icelandic slug and Fabian the Wounded against City's midfield, then getting slated for coming up second best. Good to see the whipping boy getting his whipping again.

Don't think anybody should be overly harsh but it's fair to point out a few of his flaws. I like the lad and I hope he has a very good career with us but he's got acceleration problems and it's badly effecting his overall game. I do feel for him being in a midfield that rarely controls a game properly and I like that he always tries to be positive when on the ball but he's got to sort his positioning out when we lose the ball.

Since when is an enthusiastic trier good enough for us? He lacks so many qualities required of a midfielder it is hard to know where to start. Mind you he is far from being our only substandard player. The manager has a massive job on starting after Liverpool thrash us on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back