2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope he starts at the weekend, he will go forward when the others go backwards, besides the way he tackles he is far more likely to hand out a few injuries then anyone else

Apart from his goal, I think Richarlison was the worst player on the pitch. Davies on the otherhand did well, especially for a player who was played out of position.

Tom Davies did far more ok his passing was not great, but if you have Delph, and Siggy next to you two tortoises what do you expect.... in a decent midfield Davies would shine far better he has to run himself into the ground with those two hasbeens....
He would deffo shine in a good side you're spot on Joey,,he's the only one who's trying to move the ball forward and he's getting slaughtered each time it doesn't come off, I remember this happening with Gravesen, he's also been capped at every level bar full for England so he's no donkey.
It annoys me that blues supporters just give him stick and don't get behind him, being a blue he''l be hurting when we lose..

I like Davies. Youth success doesn't always translate but his coaches in the England U(X) programs have raved about his abilities and attitude. He has suffered more than any other player IMO from the constant regime change in his tenure - he has been jerked from one role to another, from one system to another, from everyday starter to exiled on the bench, with a constantly shifting cast of midfielders near him, many of whom were not fit for their roles either. Bad for any player, but especially for a young player, and he is very young.

I understand his critics. He is neither very pacy nor very strong. I do think there's a good player there if he can benefit from stability.

But he was terrible yesterday. Everyone was bad, which was not surprising, given the thinness of the squad, the fatigue with the number of fixtures, the injury to Bernard just before kickoff, the quality of the opposition, etc. FWIW I think most City players other than Jesus were poor too, and of the other games I watched yesterday they were all tedious slogs. But Davies was one of the poorest performers out there, notwithstanding playing out of position, there's no getting around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back