2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noted. Haha. You going to get your Scottish buddy and call me names every time I post like you do to that Rangers fan in the sunday league thread? Can't wait.

All i'm saying is that you can't say somebody passes forward more than others and then say stats don't mean anything when it gets pointed out that they don't. As I said at the time, I was just presenting a factual comparison of something i'd checked to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, not trying to suggest it meant he was rubbish. For that reason I'm not going to go and check all his games, no.
What Scottish buddy would that be?
Going back to my original post where I mentioned he watching to pass, I never said about completed passes and I assume that's what the stats are.
But hey thanks for showing some interest in me, have a pleasant evening

As I said, I was only looking at the passing thing because I hear it a lot and it didn't ring true to me so I checked it. At your request i've just checked the same games for tackles and can report the following (stats don't include fouls):

City - Davies, Delph, and Sigurdsson all attempted one tackle
Newcastle - Sigurdsson attempted 4, Davies attempted 0
United - Delph 2, Sigurdsson 1, Davies 0.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not what you expected. Can't check workdays I'm afraid, because I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
you ( and everybody else ) will need the help of @COYBL25 in that regard

Love the lad me but dont think hes done enough with his time in the team to stake a claim going forward tbh. Given the injuries it's been a golden opportunity for him and hes disappointed. Hes young, yep, but hes a similar age to a lot of the established new generation of players in the league; richarlison, rashford, mount, abraham, pulisic, dan james, wan bisaka etc. There is always an element of inconsistency with any young player but Davies' best performances haven't been high enough to put him on a level where he should be starting for the club. I'm not comparing him directly to those players above, I know he plays a completely different position but my point being those players have genuinely made a claim to start for their respective teams. Tom is only starting at the moment due to injuries. Hes a squad player at best at the moment, if we invest heavily in midfield (again) I wouldnt be surprised if hes out on loan inside the next 2 seasons. Hope not.

Doesnt seem to be progressing at all

Is he one of the only (recent-ish) youth players apart from Rooney and Rodwell to have not gone on a loan somewhere?

I don't feel like he was ever Rooney levels of "ready" tbh, I wonder if this has been part of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back