2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what i said. There was no pass on.
The only pass on there was a first time pass into the space while mina was onside. But thats a david silva or kevin de bruyne pass. No first touch. Just instinctive vision to play someone in before they have even moved(mina). But many dont have that not just davies. Thats what you pay the big bucks for.
All this blaming mina. He's a big galoot centre half. Not a play on the shoulder centre forward.
This has been done to death now.
Davies should have had a shot. He never.
Thats it.
I wouldn’t necessarily blame either of them - for the pass or the run. Split second decision.

Why did the pass even become an option to consider? Tom’s first touch wasn’t good and rather than taking him toward the centre of the goal for a tap in, his touch was loose and took him away from the goal. Once that happened he could easily still have shot but was possibly conscious first touch hadn’t been great and catches Mina’s run, in that second chooses to pass.

Rafalafel wouldn't be desperate to bring in Longstaff to go ahead of him as cover for Allan, if he thought he was good enough.
Longstaff is now into the last year of his contract and is playing in the first team now but was sub for the first few games because he is not rated by Steve Bruce.

I think that if RB wanted to exchange Tom Davies for Sean Longstaff and even generate some money, I think that deal would have happened in the summer.

I wouldn’t necessarily blame either of them - for the pass or the run. Split second decision.

Why did the pass even become an option to consider? Tom’s first touch wasn’t good and rather than taking him toward the centre of the goal for a tap in, his touch was loose and took him away from the goal. Once that happened he could easily still have shot but was possibly conscious first touch hadn’t been great and catches Mina’s run, in that second chooses to pass.
I think it is the difference between a player playing every week and high on confidence compared to one who is getting few minutes on the field, not high on confidence and not prepared to back himself in shooting.

Longstaff is now into the last year of his contract and is playing in the first team now but was sub for the first few games because he is not rated by Steve Bruce.

I think that if RB wanted to exchange Tom Davies for Sean Longstaff and even generate some money, I think that deal would have happened in the summer.
They tried, Davies didn’t want to leave apparentl.y.

Mina was ahead of the ball, that was the problem, if he was behind the ball when it was played the goal would have been good.

Yep. The pic is a little misleading as Mina is behind the ball but the ball isn't at Tom's feet, as soon as it is Yerry goes into an offside position so he couldn't have played the pass.

He should've just shot anyway but hey ho, I'm more than happy with a point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.