2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s good enough, but his value isn’t enough to make selling him worthwhile. If it’s a choice between selling him to Fulham for 5 million, or keeping him, then he’s worth keeping. Our squad is thin enough as it is.
Well obviously right at this moment. But sell all day in the summer. And who cares how much. I’d rather give another youngster his spot in the squad next season, he’s had plenty of chances now.

You can forgive a player that far down the list missing a pen, but he better get used to opposition fans singing songs about their disapproval of his haircut like that.

You can tell that he still thinks of himself as a youth player, still learning, allowed to make mistakes and drift out of games, etc.
He needs to realise that his performance is his own responsibility, and he can't rely on others to paper over his cracks.
Really needs to grow up.

You can tell that he still thinks of himself as a youth player, still learning, allowed to make mistakes and drift out of games, etc.
He needs to realise that his performance is his own responsibility, and he can't rely on others to paper over his cracks.
Really needs to grow up.
Agree with this, he does seem to have that attitude.

He's 23 and has played over 150 games for Everton now, and he's still not effecting games

You can forgive a player that far down the list missing a pen, but he better get used to opposition fans singing songs about their disapproval of his haircut like that.

Really needs to grow up.

He's made 154 competitive appearances for Everton.

He's a liability, offers us very little. What's his best position? Defensive midfielder? Box to Box? Does anyone know? He can't pass forwards, he can very rarely tackle, has no pace or shooting ability.

He's just a slightly glamourised passenger, because he gets paid a lot, but doesn't contribute.

He's made 154 competitive appearances for Everton.

He's a liability, offers us very little. What's his best position? Defensive midfielder? Box to Box? Does anyone know? He can't pass forwards, he can very rarely tackle, has no pace or shooting ability.

He's just a slightly glamourised passenger, because he gets paid a lot, but doesn't contribute.
Is a correct, but less productive way of looking at it.

All i'm saying is that if he wants a career in professional football, he has to change his mindset.

Look at gray and Townsend, before they joined people would have said they are just average PL players, same with doucoure.

Now they're making the usual suspects i.e. Davies look like they shouldn't be professional footballers.

So many players at this club have robbed a living for years.

What is it going to take for Tom Davies to not be offered a new contract? Sick of people getting a living from Everton for being a local lad.

Is a correct, but less productive way of looking at it.

All i'm saying is that if he wants a career in professional football, he has to change his mindset.

How do you see it in a positive way.

I just don't think he's got the ability, or the mental attitude to become anything more than a below average midfielder. There's not one YTS who comes into the Premier League, makes 150 appearances, and the club is still on the fence about whether they can make it.

When you can remember the good games, because there's so few, he's just not making it. Would have loved him to, but he's not, is he?

Gordon for example, absolutely fine, he's made 20 appearances. Davies? For me, it's long beyond make or break.

as someone has already said. The lad has played over 150 games for us and we're all still waiting for his breakout season. I use to argue he was a fine squad filler but lets be honest he's not even that. He's not quick, he's not technically gifted, he doesn't tackle and he doesn't score. The real worry is he's one of the few players considered good enough to make the jump from academy to the first team.

How do you see it in a positive way.

I just don't think he's got the ability, or the mental attitude to become anything more than a below average midfielder. There's not one YTS who comes into the Premier League, makes 150 appearances, and the club is still on the fence about whether they can make it.

When you can remember the good games, because there's so few, he's just not making it. Would have loved him to, but he's not, is he?

Gordon for example, absolutely fine, he's made 20 appearances. Davies? For me, it's long beyond make or break.
I was being positive.
I was pointing out the thing he needs to get a grip off if he wants to be a professional footballer.

I was being positive.
I was pointing out the thing he needs to get a grip off if he wants to be a professional footballer.
I think we need that last night we were missing nine first team players. A number of the players that played last night would do better if the brought into a strong first team which had a couple of changes but our squad is simply too weak to make wholesale changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.