2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes won’t be able to survive high intensity and heavy pressing game. Forget about him, it’ll never work for him under Dyche.

….nor can Davies. Once you’re past him he’s out of the game. If he comes chasing you down, he’s the easiest player to go beyond. At least Gomes offers real quality in possession. Surely better utilusing Gomes in his final year than giving Deadwood Davies more seasons here.

I am sorry but I have never rated him, he's been here a long time and you can count on one hand how many good games he has had, I would not have offered him a new contract. Only my opinion.

….nor can Davies. Once you’re past him he’s out of the game. If he comes chasing you down, he’s the easiest player to go beyond. At least Gomes offers real quality in possession. Surely better utilusing Gomes in his final year than giving Deadwood Davies more seasons here.
Getting rid of both free up at least 150k pr week. We survived without them this season and we will survive without them again next season.

Joke, why are we offering him a contract. He’d be fool not to accept, what other premier team would even consider him.
He's an asset that we haven't realised, in purely financial terms it's better to have him on a deal and try to make him into something or sell.

He doesn't offer anything on the ball, but a team in the bottom six might like him as a cheap English player who could sit and screen a defence to see out a game.

He's too easy to pass in an open game, but someone might fancy him as that final sub to see out a game.

But Dyche uses Iwobi out wide so...
He's my most likely sale.

Never a wide player.

Douccore has taken Iwobis favoured 10 ish.

Been talking about extension since before Christmas.

15/20m bid and he's off.

Anyway, Davies..... Honestly not bothered. It will likely be a relatively low wage, possibly less than his current deal. If he signs, fine, if he rejects, also fine.

Not sure why everyone is so het up.

Reading some of the posts on here you would think Tom Davies was singlehandedly responsible for the demise of Everton football club.

We need a squad and he is very much a squad player. He can play in a number of positions in midfield and offers cover in case of injury or suspension to those ahead of him. There is nobody that I can see in the academy close to stepping up and we could bring in somebody from abroad that nobody has ever heard of before who might be better or worse.

This is a low impact, low cost signing , if he decides to stay.
We need at least 20 outfield players , these would be
Coleman
Patterson
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Gana
Garner
Doucoure
Onana
McNeill
Gray
DCL

Iwobi is heading into the last year of his contract and there is a possibility he may want to move or if a contract can't be agreed the club may be forced to sell.
I think the club would look at reasonable offers for Godfrey, Keane, Holgate and Maupay.

We need to sign a creative midfielder, we need to sign at least one striker possibly two, we probably a left back and all of this with no apparent budget.

Tom Davies as midfield back up is the least of our worries.

Luton might take him. Brings "invaluable PL experience". Crafty plot by Everton to turn a freebie into a cheap signing for wannabees.

Status
Not open for further replies.