Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. Always heard Dowell, Walsh & Ledson mentioned and never really him. The progress he's made is pretty amazing.

Wasn't Harry Kane something similar for Spurs?

Kane was 100% that mate, watch the spurs bloke over on ball street and he reckoned no one rated him till he suddenly broke through.

There's a lot of misinformation about Kane tbh.

His Orient loan was his first ever loan he got 5 goals in 18 appearances most off the bench and out of position. He won young player of the year at Millwall on his second loan scoring 7 goals in 14 games. He was also involved in all England youth levels, and at one point had scored 10 goals in 12 games for the U21s.

His 'bad loan looked awful at youth level' comes from his time at Norwich and Leicester. At Norwich he made 5 appearances off the bench and then broke his foot and had to return to the club. At Leicester Nigel Pearson only gave him any game time on the left wing where he looked awful, he spent most of his time warming the bench with Vardy who also couldn't get in his team.

Before his breakthrough season (also Pochettinos first season) our most famous youth team watcher WindyCOYS predicted he would be our top scorer that season before the first Premier League game had even been played. He was also a goal machine at club U21 level.

edit: Sorry about the rant was only visiting this thread because I was interested what was being said about his amazing performance today.

Last edited:

Think we need to be a bit cautious with the lad myself... he's obviously talented and shows a great attitude and aptitude for the game but we have a tendency to hype players up s that the expectancy becomes a burden to the player who in turn feels the pressure to produce match winning performances week after week... Ross is an example of how this can affect a player. Let the lad develop at his own pace, he will be in and out of the team I'm sure and will have some really poor games along the way.. let's not build him up into something bigger than he is. Let him enjoy his togger

He's a decent prem player already... love watching him play... lots of running, eye for a pass... he will be inconsistent as he's young but really hope he keeps this going... breath of fresh air

Think we need to be a bit cautious with the lad myself... he's obviously talented and shows a great attitude and aptitude for the game but we have a tendency to hype players up s that the expectancy becomes a burden to the player who in turn feels the pressure to produce match winning performances week after week... Ross is an example of how this can affect a player. Let the lad develop at his own pace, he will be in and out of the team I'm sure and will have some really poor games along the way.. let's not build him up into something bigger than he is. Let him enjoy his togger

He's the best player I have ever seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back