Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to harp on about this peeps but I've yet to have an answer

To the Pro Mourinho crowd, do you think he would have given Davies the same chance he's currently getting under Koeman?

If the answer to that is no, then do you accept that wanting a manager who would make more of our youth system was a valid mark against him when it came to assessing whether he should be Everton manager?

Cheers

Sorry to harp on about this peeps but I've yet to have an answer

To the Pro Mourinho crowd, do you think he would have given Davies the same chance he's currently getting under Koeman?

If the answer to that is no, then do you accept that wanting a manager who would make more of our youth system was a valid mark against him when it came to assessing whether he should be Everton manager?

Cheers

I was more concerned about the whole him being a bellend stuff really.

he also kicked up a fuss about a new contract and generally didnt look bothered on the pitch on the rare times he was available for selection.
His best performance for us was when beating Citeh 2 0 at Goodison. Once Piennar had been shown the red Vic ran his proverbials off harassing their back four.
He got a standing ovation when he went off thoroughly exhausted.

Anyone in the meeja tapping this lad up for a 'big club' yet?

Suprisingly hasnt happened yet.

I have gone through some of the newspapers this morning and have not seen any stories specifically on Davies from yesterday's game. I quite like it this way. We know we have something special on our hands here. I remember reading an article on Ben Woodburn in the Times a few weeks back by Paul joyce - he wrote that Klopp had briefed the papers in pre-season after Woodburn had put in a few good performances that they should not write about him too much and over-burden the player. Hopefully we can also utilise this approach too - onus should be placed on fans and the media not to place too much expectation and burden on the player like has been done with so many of our own youngsters, and youngsters nationally in England. Say it quietly... but we have a very very special playerin our hands.

The first couple of years he definitely was, when we had that UEFA Cup run in 2007/08 we embraced him as a super sub. Around 2010 he started getting a bit of stick, but by that point he was genuine crap.

I remember before he left he was well liked, he came back into the team and worked hard and played well, then we got rid.

Most of our young lads always get welcomed in and are given time, luckily these days we are a half decent team, its the lads that came through in the Mike Walker years I feel sorry for, they were thrown in at the deep end.

I second everyone else saying we shouldn't over hype him

Not every game is going to be as good as that one yesterday, he's still young and continuously developing

We need to back him and support him through both rough and smooth

If he has a couple of average run outs we can't then be calling for the axe

As someone that seen the late great Alan Ball, on a regular basis, and still miss him, that performance by Tom Davies yesterday was like turning the clock back, left me a bit misty eyed TBH.

Me too. He covered nearly every blade of grass yesterday yet moreover, provided skills weve missed for so long here...the deft touch...the swerve...the confidence not yet arrogance to leave household names in his wake...the perfectly weighted pass...the sublime goal. I don't believe in putting young players on pedestals especially for premature criticism by the black-capped judges in our midst, but this lad is something else. I hope the effect he had yesterday, not only on the whole team's verve but also the knock on effect he had on individuals showcasing their true colours to a man for once, is a blueprint for things to come. Im made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back