Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last midfielder like that I witnessed in a blue shirt was shades of the masterful Ball of Fire - all over the pitch - creative hard in the tackle for his size - his goal was sublime he finished it like his Uncle Alan Whittle -
high praise indeed to think he is 18 thats why I put him near Bally he did that week in week out so any youngster wanting to know what Alan Ball was like that was Davis yesterday, but he did it nearly every game, was so arrogant he could beat a man and sit on the ball, he made time as it meant nothing to him as he knew he was better than anyone as he was so quick, and fiery -
Tom Davis in his wonder goal slipped over, and got back up it was because he had the pace, to have that time - to run City ragged - I can only say it fetched back glimpses of the best box to box midfielder I ever seen in a Blue shirt - Alan Ball - Tom Davis came very close to him yesterday at such a young age - when I was young you went to see Ball , as you knew he was nearly always going to turn it on - early days , but this lad looks a gem!

The last midfielder like that I witnessed in a blue shirt was shades of the masterful Ball of Fire - all over the pitch - creative hard in the tackle for his size - his goal was sublime he finished it like his Uncle Alan Whittle -
high praise indeed to think he is 18 thats why I put him near Bally he did that week in week out so any youngster wanting to know what Alan Ball was like that was Davis yesterday, but he did it nearly every game, was so arrogant he could beat a man and sit on the ball, he made time as it meant nothing to him as he knew he was better than anyone as he was so quick, and fiery -
Tom Davis in his wonder goal slipped over, and got back up it was because he had the pace, to have that time - to run City ragged - I can only say it fetched back glimpses of the best box to box midfielder I ever seen in a Blue shirt - Alan Ball - Tom Davis came very close to him yesterday at such a young age - when I was young you went to see Ball , as you knew he was nearly always going to turn it on - early days , but this lad looks a gem!

That's some high praise that mate ;)

John Ebbrell got a ludicrous amount of stick at times but that was ages ago.

Lets face it, when people say we turn on our young players they basically mean Barkley.

We turn on our players, young/old, scouse or not. We just turn on all types of players, we are well known for it!!

Whoa, Whoa, @Joey66 It's far, far too early for Davies to be mentioned in the same breath as Bally.
I'm as excited about the lad as much as anyone, but it's a big ask for him to turn in performances like that on a regular basis.
At present let's just accept that he is a great 'prospect'. We should enjoy watching his career evolve and hope he eventually becomes the finished article.

Whoa, Whoa, @Joey66 It's far, far too early for Davies to be mentioned in the same breath as Bally.
I'm as excited about the lad as much as anyone, but it's a big ask for him to turn in performances like that on a regular basis.
At present let's just accept that he is a great 'prospect'. We should enjoy watching his career evolve and hope he eventually becomes the finished article.
I did point out one game by Tom Davies that cheeky turn he did with skill was bally like his finish was Bally like he was all over the pitch - putting in crunching tackles that was bally like - ,it high praise indeed, but so much like the master - I did point out Bally could do it nearly every game, think on Bally at 18 was in a lower division at Blackpool - early days, but the best midfield performance like Bally since Ball - performances like that win you games, and thats what Davies did for us yesterday he lifted the team too just like Bally did!
whether he can do it week in week out as yet is a big question time will tell - remember the opposition was a very good team!

Reactions: kev
His composure for the goal was totally against his age. I was expected a rush of blood and hit it as hard as you can type of shot but that deft chip showed he is carrying a maturity and calmness that a 30 year old player would be expected to have. Word of warning to all supporters...don't expect it every week so watch him nurture and enjoy rather than expect him to carry Everton on his shoulders. Please.

I did point out one game by Tom Davies that cheeky turn he did with skill was bally like his finish was Bally like he was all over the pitch - putting in crunching tackles that was bally like - ,it high praise indeed, but so much like the master - I did point out Bally could do it nearly every game, think on Bally at 18 was in a lower division at Blackpool - early days, but the best midfield performance like Bally since Ball - performances like that win you games, and thats what Davies did for us yesterday he lifted the team too just like Bally did!
whether he can do it week in week out as yet is a big question time will tell - remember the opposition was a very good team!

I so hope you're right Joey, worst day of my young life when the old man picked me up from Primary and broke the news that he's gone to Arsenal, I couldn't understand it. I think he has many of the qualities but let's not get too carried away just yet mate, though I can see a new holy trinity emerging!!!

Fully agree Kev. But in fairness to Joey I don't think he was actually comparing Tom to Bally, he was just saying that he thought it was the best example of a box to box midfield performance in a blue shirt since the days of the great man. Astonishing for someone so young and considering the quality of opposition. Lets hope we see a few more like it.

n54lyr.jpg

Hadn't spotted John Stones jumping into the Gwladys to celebrate... once a blue...

His composure for the goal was totally against his age. I was expected a rush of blood and hit it as hard as you can type of shot but that deft chip showed he is carrying a maturity and calmness that a 30 year old player would be expected to have. Word of warning to all supporters...don't expect it every week so watch him nurture and enjoy rather than expect him to carry Everton on his shoulders. Please.

thought about this last night, i dont think del would of finished either tom or lookmans goals off.

As someone that seen the late great Alan Ball, on a regular basis, and still miss him, that performance by Tom Davies yesterday was like turning the clock back, left me a bit misty eyed TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back