Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tear in to him all you want now his body's giving up but he was part of the only Everton team to reach the CL since the PL invented footy.

....I wouldn't tear into him, he's been a decent player in his time and a fine servant. Worth noting, though, that he has been handsomely rewarded for his service. I remember watching him as a youth team youngster when he was a tough tackling midfielder with an almighty shot on him. If anybody saw his screamer against Man Utd at Gigg Lane they would be amazed he didn't score a first team goal. He was always going to be a full back, he made the most of what he had.

....I wouldn't tear into him, he's been a decent player in his time and a fine servant. Worth noting, though, that he has been handsomely rewarded for his service. I remember watching him as a youth team youngster when he was a tough tackling midfielder with an almighty shot on him. If anybody saw his screamer against Man Utd at Gigg Lane they would be amazed he didn't score a first team goal. He was always going to be a full back, he made the most of what he had.
He's been paid well by being on an average wage at the club for years but people have been paid a lot more to do a lot less or even just be toxic. Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Eto'o were all paid a damn site more per week to tit around and affect the team negatively.

He's been paid well by being on an average wage at the club for years but people have been paid a lot more to do a lot less or even just be toxic. Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Eto'o were all paid a damn site more per week to tit around and affect the team negatively.

....lots were paid more but it's the longevity of Premiership contracts that makes the likes of Hibbert a very wealthy man. I'm not knocking it but I'd love to be a £ behind him.

Tony Hibbert is the greatest man to have ever put on the royal blue of our club.* If the definition of man is someone born on the 20th February 1981 to the name of Anthony James Hibbert, from Huyton..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back