Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Years ago we used to chuck a player in randomly and they'd make their debut, have a worldy and it would give ya a bit of hope (like Unsworth debut when he scored an absolute screamer away to Spurs, or a Michael Branch, Danny Cadamateri).

Wouldn't it be boss if Dixon did get picked today, had an absolute worldy where he grabs an assist and defensively is superb as well and helps us to a 2-1 win.

Just to give the place a lift, you can't beat a homegrown talent doing well.
He'd not keep his place I'd say
Dyche would deploy his other worldly 4D psych manoeuvres and stick him on his tried and unsuccessfully tested 5 year 'gain experience through no experience' plan
or not
I dunno
Would love even a start for him today tbh

yea but their 1st half performance would make Keane eat his own face in terror
Also true, although if we can play how we did first 20 and get the first goal I would actually fancy us bizarrely…

Think the hysteria has been in overdrive a bit this week, we’ll probably lose today but I could see us nicking it with how it went last year.

Also true, although if we can play how we did first 20 and get the first goal I would actually fancy us bizarrely…

Think the hysteria has been in overdrive a bit this week, we’ll probably lose today but I could see us nicking it with how it went last year.
I appreciate your optimism :)
If they go Spursy and we don't Everton that then there is always hope I suppose

One game in off the back of a three nill humbling at home and into the second game with 14 players available, key defenders out new players sat on the bench a manager blaming the fans, stepping in against a team that will likely pummel us and all hope extinguished for this season. And that sinking here we go again feeling. This club is just depressing

Last edited:

I hope we some how beat Tottenham.

We need to start picking up points I hope we start today.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean Dyche will be a hero ;)

Dixon or Holgate at Fullback, doesn't matter which one if we play poorly, he'll be damned if he's does and damned if he doesn't
It’s Dixon apparently & he’ll be next to Michael Keane again which is a laugh. Poor kid.

I’d rather get beat giving minutes to Dixon & O’Brien than getting hammered again with the likes of Michael Keane, who isn’t getting any better.

I feel we are going to lose but hopefully a more battling display today

Can't put up with the sour soppy limp effort we put in last week.

6 across the back with 4 in mid.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back