Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me we need to be a bit more calmer and I think Spurs is a good test for our new signings.

I would like to see Harrison moved to the left wing, I think he he deserves to be played in his more favoured position.

Spurs will continue to play with a high line so we need to include as much pace as we can to counter.

XI v Spurs

Pickford
Holgate - Tarkowski - O'Brien - Mylo
Lindstrom - Gueye - Tim - Harrison
Ndiaye
DCL

Would like to see a back 5 for this

O’Brien, Tarks, Mykolenko with Harrison and McNeill as wing backs. Gana and Tim sitting. Lindstrom and Ndiaye off Beto.

We should be telling Dom to leave.

None of that will happen though and we’ll be unchanged from yesterday but with Holgate at right back, and we’ll get battered again.

Frustrating that Dyche remains so stubborn but he’s not going to abandon the principles that have worked so far.

Sounds good, but in reality, Harrison is awful at defensive duties and he leaves us defensively light on that side when we have a right back, never mind when we don't.

feeling relatively positive for this game...an unconvincing and somewhat craven performance will reveal a small (-2 GD) loss. And that result reflects about as positive a sentiment I can paint toward this fixture. In the absence of last season's likes of Sheffield, Luton and Burnley, Everton are again in the relegation limelight....and I fear this time around, we cannot escape the inevitable.

Last edited:
Sounds good, but in reality, Harrison is awful at defensive duties and he leaves us defensively light on that side when we have a right back, never mind when we don't.

He isn't. But playing him or McNeil at wingback, we might as well just pick up the ball and place it in our own net.

Pickford
Dixon O'Brien Tarkowski Mykolenko
Lindstrom Gueye Iroegbunam McNeil
Nydiaye
Chermiti /Beto

Let's ring the changes and take a chance in a fixture we're not expected to get anything from.

Gueye + Ireogbunam double midfield was a huge part of the problem, we can't play both as they aren't good enough at knowing when to sit deep and when to go - I think he'll play Keane at right back as well, there's no way he throws the kid in up against Heung Min Son

Not now @Goat, please.
images

Easy 3 points.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Holgate - Keane - Tarks - Myko
Gana - Tim
Doucs
Harrison - DCL - McNeil
COYB

Still too early @Goat

The fact we have such a difficult fixture up next just makes Dyche’s selection in the first game all the more bizarre.

Brighton at home was a perfect game to blood new players, Spurs away not so much. I still hope to see them as they can’t be worse than what we have, Young being out is a positive but this clown manager will probably just put Holgate in his place.

Would like to see Lindstrom and NDiaye off the striker, probably Beto who has more pace and would suit a counter attacking team more. 3 at the back, with O’Brien, Tarks and Myko with McNeil and Harrison as full backs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back