Transfer deadline aftermath - view and reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodwell's boss also.

Effin' eh Ghost.

Right, well I am going to get on with supporting my club and not worry myself over things I have no control over. Although do excuse me if I have a little laugh to myself over some of the reactionary behaviour exhibited on here.

Effin' eh Ghost.

Right, well I am going to get on with supporting my club and not worry myself over things I have no control over. Although do excuse me if I have a little laugh to myself over some of the reactionary behaviour exhibited on here.

Have a word with D no.1 (or no.2).

:)

The main concern is the money we have is not being utilise fully and that is a big fustration when compare to previous seasons when we don't have much money to spend.

Generally I am please with our summer transfer, was hoping we can add one more CM to ease the burden of arteta. The problem in RM was not solve either. What I'm most concern is the 20 odd million we have in disposal now. Will it be gone in Jan?

No it won't, because we've just spent it on 3 players.

We haven't got any money now, other than that needed to keep the club running.

we got great value for money. that's a success.

we also avoided the nutjobs, which is nice.

we'll be short on bodies if a couple more injuries come up, but we have plenty of dry powder for january when we know which position we need help in.

Complete shambles if you ask me and 3 players down from last season yet in the Summer Moyes said he needed 6 more and only last week he said he needed atleast 3/4 - after we'd signed the Russian lad and Distin

Kenwright can get to ****! :mad:

Why is it his fault again? Its not like there were stories that we couldnt afford a player we went for ala Moutinho, we had players nicked last minute (Naughton), or clubs not wanting to sell (Banega, Van Der Vaart, Defour).

IMO....I think things changed big time with Lescott going. Post-Lescott I'm happy with Distin and Heitinga.

The big surprise should be Billy. I think he'll be a bit of a star for us and we've got some options now especially when Arteta come back.

I would've like a pacey right winger though.

No it won't, because we've just spent it on 3 players.

We haven't got any money now, other than that needed to keep the club running.

We did not spend everything. 3 transfer cost us 20m, still left with 4m from lescott sale. Then we have 13m loan and also our original transfer budget of at least a few millions.

we'll be ok now. If he continues to give Rodders a starting berth as the role of midfield maestro that will be like a new signing, he really looked at home on Sunday.

Obviously the finishing prowess of the Yak will be a massive boost.

The composure and vision of Mikel.

Once all fit and well, a nice looking squad. We needed Bentley to finish the puzzle though imo.

Four players out, three in, and enough left over for the debt repayments this season. As Col. Oliver North once said during the Iran-Contra scandal: 'That's a neat trick'.

We did not spend everything. 3 transfer cost us 20m, still left with 4m from lescott sale. Then we have 13m loan and also our original transfer budget of at least a few millions.

Not really, mate.

Three fees of £5.7m, £10m and £6m = £21.7m.

We sold Joleon for £22m, and owed Wolves circa £2m of that.

That means the club has spent £1.7m + the Lescott money.

Add to that the money that is now going on extra wages to high end players, arrangement fees and agents' fees and we see the club is spending much more.

The Lescott money is all gone, every last penny.

All the other money you talk about will be used to run the club. Lescott's sale was essentially a godsend.

Not too bad, I reckon.

We needed a replacement for Lescott, we've got Distin. Bit old, maybe but he'll do I reckon. Good, solid, experienced, centre backs who can also play left back ain't that common so I'm calling that one a win.

We needed another option at right back/defensive mdifield so we don't have to keep relying on Hibbert. We got that in Heitinga. Dutch international, champions league player. That'll do me.

We needed cover at centre back for Jags and Yobo. Heitinga and Distin can both play that role. Means four class centre backs. Job done.

We needed another striker as cover for Yakabu, because of how injury prone Vaughan and Saha are. We got Jo for a year. That gives us plenty of options there.

We needed another winger so we didn't have to keep putting bloody Osman on the right. Done. Bilyaletdinov is a bit of an unknown quality but he seems a decent bet.

And we needed a quality creative passing midfielder to replace Arteta until he gets back from his injury. Banaga was obviously the target but that fell through. And so we didn't get one.

That to me is the biggest problem of the window and it might well cost us.

Everything else? I'm quite happy about. I just hope next year we don't wait so bleeding long. No excuses for leaving everything to the last minute again.

Status
Not open for further replies.