Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GrandOldTeam is spot on here. We want to loan him (because we're skint/sensible, delete as appropriate), Stoke want to buy him. He'd rather come to us, Inter would rather sell him outright. He was at the match today to see if he could be convinced to pick Stoke. I doubt the answer is yes, but if it is, it's because we don't want to fork out the £12m up front (which personally I think is sensible).

Disagree with what?

The facts. Shaqiri has already met with Hughes, and said no. Hughes confirmed this.

The only credible reports. We want to LOAN him.

It's a fair assumption then to say Inter want to sell him. They accepted a bid of 12m. Only Stoke have met his valuation - no other club has valued/bid 12m.

This is the way I see it, too, though there are at least slightly reputable Italian sources saying that we had also agreed a deal with Inter - though I guessed that meant for a loan and then buy option next year (perhaps that would be more than what Stoke are offering now?).

Anyway, I think he's a terrific player either way. If he goes to Stoke, or anyone else, for that matter, there's no need to get so worked up about it. It's not the end of the world, there'll be other targets.

Would be nice to see some activity this week though - I think the squad/fans need a boost, especially with the mounting injury list.

Not holding my breath, like.

@GrandOldTeam is spot on here. We want to loan him (because we're skint/sensible, delete as appropriate), Stoke want to buy him. He'd rather come to us, Inter would rather sell him outright. He was at the match today to see if he could be convinced to pick Stoke. I doubt the answer is yes, but if it is, it's because we don't want to fork out the £12m up front (which personally I think is sensible).

Either pretty much agreed, or is a "Look, I'm actually considering Stoke" to the football world in a "Come and get me FFS"

Manuel Fernandes did it with us and forced Valencia's hand.

Either pretty much agreed, or is a "Look, I'm actually considering Stoke" to the football world in a "Come and get me FFS"

Manuel Fernandes did it with us and forced Valencia's hand.

If Martinez does want Shaqiri, BK must back his manager to sign the lad. We desperately need a AM rather than Charlie Austin (if you believe the rumour).

BK must back his manager to sign the lad.

Bill-Kenwright-agaren-som-vill-salja.jpg

Januzaj on loan. Nolito after that maybe.

Austin and Shaqiri - Spell trouble for me off the pitch.

None of these players will make a lick of dereference to our real problems for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back