Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this carries on i can't see the board nor the manager being here in 5 years time. The fans will put up with being outdone by Spurs and the Kopites even Newcastle when they had their few years in the sun, but the days when your Stoke's, West Ham's, Crystal Palaces start to sign quality players whilst we are left like spare ones at a wedding won't be tolerated imo you can hear the unrest at GP already and it's game 1 of the season, even when Big Dunc mentioned kenwright the claps didn't sound massively convincing from the crowd like they were with the whole "Kenwright on screen" incident.

Haha you can't be serious mate. For the same reason if us and Man Utd went for a player i'd probably expect us to lose out

Just playing devils advocate and i would expect a player to choose us over the likes of Stoke, but why you're comparison? I can see the difference between us and United. They have a bigger ground, Champions League, bigger worldwide exposure. Now do the same for us and Stoke, grounds, not much difference although ours has an awesome atmosphere when the fans are on it, no Europe for either and wages wise i would say Stoke would pay more. We in my opinion have better players. Not as cut and dry as you would first imagine...

Im not even that arsed on Shaqiri, there will be a reason why Milan was shut so quickly. Talented sure but Everton have a history of signing players off the radar of the national media. It tends to be how we do business and unless it's a player Martinez has had before.. Deulofeu came almost out of nowhere from Spanish reports, same with most.

Panic after the window.

Haha you can't be serious mate. For the same reason if us and Man Utd went for a player i'd probably expect us to lose out

To you and me, i agree. But he was 4 the last time we lifted silverware and wasnt born in the eighties, he probably has no idea about our history and doesnt care. I'm playing devils advocate.

He may go to stoke because they might be able to pay him more AND they finished above us last season.

In light of the above....why wouldn't he sign for them?

What credible source has many blues believing we even want this guy?

Who's to say we're not flirting with shaqiri to poke somebody else into action?

It's all games and riddles this time of year. You don't usually go watch a team unless your pretty close to signing tho!

Nea tbh, he's not even really what we're need.

Good players want to play with good players...we have better individual players who are more well known than Stokes

He'll see england internationals and also players such as lukaku and deulofeu who will be well known on the continent.

I'm not trying to cause an arguement, but i am interested in why people think everton is a much better move for him than stoke. A lot have people have said it is but not said why. Think of it from the players point of veiw and not an evertonians. I'm interestet in people thoughts on this.

Until a genuine source like sky or DiMarzio say he is joing then it could go either way. Jarg papers like the express will post anything online to get clicks and are best ignored

He may go to stoke because they might be able to pay him more AND they finished above us last season.

In light of the above....why wouldn't he sign for them?

Dont think he will give a stuff where they finished. It will be the Perm versus Loan deal. The wages, obv, and if Hughes/Owner can sell him the picture of the club, their plans, how he will be key, etc etc. Bobins basically.

And cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back