Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can't see the manager goes for two up front all of a sudden.
I actually can, against the right teams. If we had Austin versus Watford then I reckon we would have started with 2 up front. Martinez knows how better we looked when Kone came on, so now imagine Austin..

Against teams like Chelsea, it will be different of course.

We should be able to and who says he'll be a sub?

Sorry mate if, and it's a big if, we do spend on him then you can be sure he will play.
Dont get the negatives on him, looked a boss striker to me last year and in the championship. Yeah no suarez, messi obv's but for £13 million as good as we can get imo. He looks like an Everton type forward too (not really sure what that really means but i think you know what i mean :blush:)

Because this club cannot afford a £13m sub sitting on the bench.

???

We need a new keeper, possibly Nyland. We definitely need two defenders, two wingers and a third choice striker.

Can we get a better second choice striker this summer? Even a loan.

Del Boy and Cleverley are good signings. Value for money.

If the manager can sign Shaqiri, a second striker and a CB as well as getting rid of the like of Kone and McGeady then this is a very good summer.

By making the right type of signing, it is a good start and hopefully Everton will have a better start this season. McCarthy and Mirallas decide to sign a new contract, I think this is a sign showing the team is fully behind Martinez.

Perhaps all the fans including the doubters should get behind the team and the manager now. This is the new season, Everton need the supporters starting from today.

it says alot when players like dann would rather stay at palace than join us. even CRYSTAL PALACE have more appeal than us now. its utterly ridiculous! i hate the fact we are fighting with blooody stoke over some european misfit, and losing out. Everton look disjointed and im not sure a half decent flare player , who is probably just after a big payday is the right signing anyway. surely now with baines out, we need to bolster up the defence with PROVEN PREMIER LEAGUE defenders not just prospects. Our prospects will undoubtedly make mistakes, which will lead to goals. we really need to be tightening up not giving goals away. throwing kids in because we are too tight to buy decent players isnt the right way of doing things.

im getting proper annoyed with the whole kenright/martinez dealings now.

we are going backwards. BIGTIME.

Or that Palace wanted £15million for him and we said no.

As for Shaqiri, I don't rate him too much but he's a "name". He's already turned Stoke down and now they're throwing everything at him to change his mind...which is taking a looooong time so he doesn't seem overly keen.

We don't seem to wanting to go that extra mile for him, which is fine if we've others lined up, which I guess we have. End of the day he's getting his arm twisted to MAYBE sign for Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back