Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
weirdly enough, head steward at the match yesterday said we'd 'signed' austin that day, whether he meant agreed fee or something i don't know
Sounds promising that then. The lad I was speaking to seemed alright to be fair, sounded like he'd genuinely heard something.
But with literally just meeting him I have no idea how reliable his info was.

Hard to say whether the wages thing is a big factor. If so, do we want him?

I was considering a job at 365 last year and swerved it because it was in Stoke. Couldn't live there. Hell hole, made Huyton look like LA

To be honest mate, i cant really remember watching shaqiri. So i have no idea if he is worth all the furum anger.

it says alot when players like dann would rather stay at palace than join us. even CRYSTAL PALACE have more appeal than us now. its utterly ridiculous! i hate the fact we are fighting with blooody stoke over some european misfit, and losing out. Everton look disjointed and im not sure a half decent flare player , who is probably just after a big payday is the right signing anyway. surely now with baines out, we need to bolster up the defence with PROVEN PREMIER LEAGUE defenders not just prospects. Our prospects will undoubtedly make mistakes, which will lead to goals. we really need to be tightening up not giving goals away. throwing kids in because we are too tight to buy decent players isnt the right way of doing things.

im getting proper annoyed with the whole kenright/martinez dealings now.

we are going backwards. BIGTIME.
I think it shows there is so much money around now.

Meanwhile, the Echo said...

Swiss newspaper Blick claim Everton have agreed terms with Inter, presumably for the same £13.5m that was previously negotiated with Stoke.

Whatever happens, it appears Shaqiri may not be a star of this page for much longer.

Which will be a shame, in a way. We'll miss him.
At Stoke today I do not want a mercenary like him I have heard he was a fast winger could be another misfit - why are just two clubs after him seems an over inflated price BK will pay it over five years or so!

Has anyone else heard the rumour of announcement of Austin tomorrow?
Some lad mentioned it in town last night (seriously).

I've no idea if he actually knows anything though.
Surely news of a fee being agreed would've been announced by now? Saying that, maybe Kone heard that we were closing in on him and he put that performance in to try and convince Martinez he's still the man?

Sounds promising that then. The lad I was speaking to seemed alright to be fair, sounded like he'd genuinely heard something.
But with literally just meeting him I have no idea how reliable his info was.

Meet for a coffee tomorrow, suss him out

At Stoke today I do not want a mercenary like him I have heard he was a fast winger could be another misfit - why are just two clubs after him seems an over inflated price BK will pay it over five years or so!

I hope we don't pay £13m for Austin tomorrow.

Think it may be more of a case that we didn't think he was worth the wages.[
I think it shows there is so much money around now.

weve had an equal share of the money. and i just cant believe we woul;dnt want to match a players wages when they are at Palace. totally understand not being able to match any of the top 4 or perhaps spurs. BUT Palace ??? this is why im getting concerened. we are now getting BEATEN to players by these sorts of teams.

we used to have a certain amount of pull, as we were EVERTON and have some great history. that is long gone now. it does seem to be all about the money.. and we dont have any. this is a HUGE WORRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back