Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says alot when players like dann would rather stay at palace than join us. even CRYSTAL PALACE have more appeal than us now. its utterly ridiculous! i hate the fact we are fighting with blooody stoke over some european misfit, and losing out. Everton look disjointed and im not sure a half decent flare player , who is probably just after a big payday is the right signing anyway. surely now with baines out, we need to bolster up the defence with PROVEN PREMIER LEAGUE defenders not just prospects. Our prospects will undoubtedly make mistakes, which will lead to goals. we really need to be tightening up not giving goals away. throwing kids in because we are too tight to buy decent players isnt the right way of doing things.

im getting proper annoyed with the whole kenright/martinez dealings now.

we are going backwards. BIGTIME.

Have you ever been to Stoke? It's a place completely devoid of culture. They have a much smaller standing as a football club/brand and they have worse players.

For all Everton's faults they are still have a fairly strong reputation and a lot of exciting young international players.

From the outside looking in. Would you want to play with Barkley, Stones, Lukaku, Mirallas, Deulofeu? Or... Shawcross, Adam, Diouf, Bojan, Afalley?

Playing devils advocate here because I don't think he's the right player for us.

I have only been to the ground and its the coldest ground on earth. I agree on paper we have better known players, but would that be enough if higher wages were being offered.

I think another poster had a good shout when he said if he doesnt really fancy stoke a loan would suit him better whilst looking at his options.

Has anyone else heard the rumour of announcement of Austin tomorrow?
Some lad mentioned it in town last night (seriously).

I've no idea if he actually knows anything though.

did someone just say Elmohamady?

At the right price I wouldn't be too concerned, provides much better cover down the right side than we currently have, especially for Coleman as an attacking right back (rather than Hibbert!). If it is the £8M touted though, forget it.

Meanwhile, the Echo said...

Swiss newspaper Blick claim Everton have agreed terms with Inter, presumably for the same £13.5m that was previously negotiated with Stoke.

Whatever happens, it appears Shaqiri may not be a star of this page for much longer.

Which will be a shame, in a way. We'll miss him.

At the right price I wouldn't be too concerned, provides much better cover down the right side than we currently have, especially for Coleman as an attacking right back (rather than Hibbert!). If it is the £8M touted though, forget it.

Don't want Elmohamady, a waste of money. Just use the cash to sign Shaqiri.

I have only been to the ground and its the coldest ground on earth. I agree on paper we have better known players, but would that be enough if higher wages were being offered.

I think another poster had a good shout when he said if he doesnt really fancy stoke a loan would suit him better whilst looking at his options.

Hard to say whether the wages thing is a big factor. If so, do we want him?

I was considering a job at 365 last year and swerved it because it was in Stoke. Couldn't live there. Hell hole, made Huyton look like LA

Elmohamady is just like Naismith. Limited skills, but gives it all on the pitch. Very respectable but he wouldn't improve our squad really.

Has anyone else heard the rumour of announcement of Austin tomorrow?
Some lad mentioned it in town last night (seriously).

I've no idea if he actually knows anything though.
weirdly enough, head steward at the match yesterday said we'd 'signed' austin that day, whether he meant agreed fee or something i don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back