Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 3 weeks left of the transfer window we will get players in, no two ways about it. We'll sign someone who hasn't even been mentioned yet IMO. The quicker shaqiri signs for the Stoke the quicker thus thread can move on.
Is right. We're going to sign someone that's going to make us completely forget about Shaqiri imo. Can't wait.

Austin this week, number 10 and centre back next week. Maybe a deadline day loan or Lennon.

The inter fans are furious at Mancini that he is being sold , apparently Mancini deseperately wants Perisic and that's the reason for his sale to free up funds . the fans think it will be a bigger mistake than when they sold Coutinhio on the cheap . inter tv says both Everton and Stoke have had offers in the region of 17m euros accepted for the player . it's up to him to decide in the next 48 hours

You would think if he has been to both games at the weekend he would be donning a blue shirt next season.

Think the club should have come out and made a statement to put this one to bed.

No need, really. It's all speculation at this point. If he'd had been spotted at Goodison or Finch Farm, it may be different. But he hasn't. Saying the club should make a statement is basically saying they should comment on any player we are even 'strongly' linked with.

Sorry all, i am very late to the party.
On Shaqiri - he didn’t want to move to Stoke originally, he was very public about that. I would imagine they have made him an offer making him the highest earner in the history and Hughes will have promised him the world to get him to sign. Fair play if he does, he is clearly the player Hughes wants, he hasn’t given up on him and is willing to take a massive risk and it is a risk. The player is clearly talented, just look at the teams that have spent big money on him in the past but equally Inter can’t wait to show him the door and the only 2 sides showing interest now are Stoke and us (apparently). I don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t sign him – although the twitter meltdown will be monumentally entertaining.
I do agree with several posts though that it hurts like hell that teams like Newcastle, West Ham and Stoke are coming across as more ambitious and attractive prospects for players than our club. It’s bordering on embarrassing now.

No need, really. It's all speculation at this point. If he'd had been spotted at Goodison or Finch Farm, it may be different. But he hasn't. Saying the club should make a statement is basically saying they should comment on any player we are even 'strongly' linked with.

I totally agree, It was more in hope of a statement to shut some of the beauts up on here.

That doesn't make sense, if Martinez has a list of targets and hands that list to the board, they say no because we're skint, then that is hardly Martinez' fault. Also, just because Martinez doesn't go for the players you want at the club, well that's just tough because he is the manager.
You are missing the point. I don't care who's fault it is. We're in a results business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back