Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager has already thrown away two points due to not having a strong enough squad to overcome the mighty Watford. Come September we'll have played four games and will likely have zero wins. Getting the players in at the last minute is rubbish. "Let's get them in when we're on a massive losing streak and everybody's confidence is low." - makes sense.
Spot on,he's had since May to sort things out,he stated then he wanted his dealings done early,then says after the testimonial a WEEK before the season,we need a centre back/midfielder/striker,we end up with a free transfer as our only signing(apart from the injured Deulofeu),I think most of us on the quiet were expecting that result or worse saturday,obviously not the Manager/Board though.

Problem is I don't believe or trust the board or the manager ...... Always feel like they are pulling one over on us and are only reactionary when it's panic stations. I'm surprised that we haven't announced Kone's 25 min cameo means we aren't signing another striker !

Whats all this about Stoke having ambition? Correct me if I'm wrong but they've failed to keep 2 of their better players, and let them go for weak fees, and not even replaced them with remotely the same level of player. Whilst we've kept 2 of our best players on better termed contracts and so far, kept arguably our best player altogether despite a huge campaign from Chelsea.

They've signed 1 player who you'd class as decent in Affelay and whilst they may sign Shaqiri they only have that money because of the sales of Nzonzi and Begovic. So their squad is undoubtedly weaker than last year whereas our is stronger with the addition of a talented Deulofeu and a decent free in Cleverly .

Sometimes you just need to step back and look at it objectivel and appreciate that someone looking from the outside will see it as us who's had the better window so far.

Spot on,he's had since May to sort things out,he stated then he wanted his dealings done early,then says after the testimonial a WEEK before the season,we need a centre back/midfielder/striker,we end up with a free transfer as our only signing(apart from the injured Deulofeu),I think most of us on the quiet were expecting that result or worse saturday,obviously not the Manager/Board though.
He said we'd get some in early and some late

You wanna be careful what you say..

N.b. Blackpool.
Mods can edit if they feel the rules have been broken. As I have no proof I guess it shouldn't be put like that.

But there are many, many questions that need to be asked as to where the money is going if it isn't going to the manager.

If Bayern wanted Shaqiri instead of Stoke people would be raving how good he is, the fact that we may lose him to Stoke are making people say well I didn't really want him anyway. ........Its the equivalent of getting knocked back by a bird and telling your mates she was a lesbian.

Haha... also see people suddenly claiming we wanted Honda anyway, despite him being in the same boat rejection-wise from AC. We are his shoulder to cry on, whilst we continue to buy him drinks... dead set on not ending the night without having pulled at least 3 more birds in key positions.

Whats all this about Stoke having ambition? Correct me if I'm wrong but they've failed to keep 2 of their better players, and let them go for weak fees, and not even replaced them with remotely the same level of player. Whilst we've kept 2 of our best players on better termed contracts and so far, kept arguably our best player altogether despite a huge campaign from Chelsea.

They've signed 1 player who you'd class as decent in Affelay and whilst they may sign Shaqiri they only have that money because of the sales of Nzonzi and Begovic. So their squad is undoubtedly weaker than last year whereas our is stronger with the addition of a talented Deulofeu and a decent free in Cleverly .

Sometimes you just need to step back and look at it objectivel and appreciate that someone looking from the outside will see it as us who's had the better window so far.

Woah, woah, mate - did you just express an opinion based on evidence and reason? No offense, but your kind isn't welcome around here.

I've said it before I don't care if it's down to the board or the manager. It makes no difference to me.

That doesn't make sense, if Martinez has a list of targets and hands that list to the board, they say no because we're skint, then that is hardly Martinez' fault. Also, just because Martinez doesn't go for the players you want at the club, well that's just tough because he is the manager.

Our squad is far far weaker than last season. We have lost two defenders, a striker, a winger and a left back and all we have bought in is a winger and another CM which is the position we needed to strengthen least in the squad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back