Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This. But also times are sad when Everton can't compete with Stoke how the mighty have fallen.
it all goes in cycles. They are on an up, we are on a down in comparison.

It's pretty obvious that Milan want the £12 now, they want him off the books, gone and the money in the bank. They want him to go to Stoke.
He's already said he doesn't want to go to Stoke so I'm guessing his appearance yesterday was him being sent by Milan to show him it's not a terrible place to be in order to try to change his mind.
It could well be the case that he wants to avoid being tied down to a 3-5 year contract at Stoke and would personally prefer to go on loan, that way he can up his currency again and sign for the truly huge club he thinks he deserves next Summer. We are probably positioning ourselves to be the club to help him, with the view to him after being here for a year he might want to sign a permanent deal next year.

I'm guessing it will come down to who'll win in an argument between Milan and the player to where he ends up.

it all goes in cycles. They are on an up, we are on a down in comparison.

It's pretty obvious that Milan want the £12 now, they want him off the books, gone and the money in the bank. They want him to go to Stoke.
He's already said he doesn't want to go to Stoke so I'm guessing his appearance yesterday was him being sent by Milan to show him it's not a terrible place to be in order to try to change his mind.
It could well be the case that he wants to avoid being tied down to a 3-5 year contract at Stoke and would personally prefer to go on loan, that way he can up his currency again and sign for the truly huge club he thinks he deserves. We are probably positioning ourselves to be the club to help him, with the view to him coming here for a year he might want to sign a permanent deal next year.

I'm guessing it will come down to who'll win in an argument between Milan and the player to where he ends up.

Or we simply don't have 12 million to play for a decent player and Stoke do

Or we simply don't have 12 million to play for a decent player and Stoke do
Correct, that will be why we'll be offering the loan.
I'd also be surprised if there isn't a buy clause in there to make it happen (high loan fee now and the rest paid next Summer totalling slightly more than Stoke) which Milan might take as a comprimise

Maybe, just maybe, the availability of Shaqiri, and him being touted around the prem meant that he was indeed actually a fourth choice for us. In all honesty, time will tell, and there's still 3 weeks left, but we cant realistically leave it much longer to bring in a player to change our mentality.

The way I look at it is, maybe we met with Shaqiri on Sat/Sun morning, and decided not to take it any further, that's why he went to Stoke and didn't look particularly happy about it tbh. Inter touted him to the prem, cause that's where the money is and there are plenty of teams willing to pay it. If he was great value at £12m then I'm sure that teams in Germany or France would've paid it. However, Inter wanted to maximise return on a player they have frozen out of their team within 6 months of him being there. There aren't many players who get that kind of treatment, though Mancini is a bellwhiff.

Everton aren't currently in a position to go shouting around about any potential targets, or ongoing transfer issues, and there will be a blanket ban on all outgoing communication about it outside of the club, as we are in a very delicate situation with the Stones thing and will be trying to avoid any claims from elsewhere as it will weaken our position with potential future accusations against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back