Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus read this thread and now
I have taken a tub full of paracetamol, sliced my wrists, now just about to stick a noose round my neck and shove an apple in my mouth while I pull the head of it viciously

I reckon we'd all be a little calmer had we not looked so absolute rubbish at the weekend.

Why would anyone want a player who chose Stoke over us? We're EV-ER-TON remember.

Stoke players don't physically live in the Brittania stadium or surrounding areas
I'm guessing Crouch & Adam probably still live in the same places they lived in when at Liverpool so probably somewhere in Cheshire.
Stoke have shown ambition this summer (all be it I think a few of their signings are dudds, but they have taken to the market aggressively and have got a real bargain with shaqiri). Hughes has a plan on strengthening while we are seemingly happy with what we have.
Question weather promises have been broken to Martinez has had a few broken promises in terms of recruitment as he has been a lot more vocal the past week with what he requires.

Frustrating

Idk how reliable

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 360
Bold statements there butters. Maybe they're servicing the club's debt? is that stealing?
The debt is surely manageable. Will they suddenly start giving the manager 20m a year once the debt is gone? No chance. The debt is being repaid and the club can more than afford it with the megabucks they get from this TV deal. There is plenty left over which should be given to the manager - as with every single other of the 19 teams in the league - to improve his squad.

But clearly we want him. And he's going to stoke over us

Clearly we do want him, but it seems our offer is Loan with view to perm, and Inter (and maybe the player himself) prefer a Perm move right now.
If it happens, great, if he goes to Stoke, Im not too fussed and will give the benefit of doubt to Martinez (for now) that Come september 1st the squad has the signings in the three positions (at a level we are all happy with ) that he has reiterated he wants.
If however Sept 1st we do not have have those signings, then I will join in the fume!! But for now makes sense to wait and see what happens!

The manager has already thrown away two points due to not having a strong enough squad to overcome the mighty Watford. Come September we'll have played four games and will likely have zero wins. Getting the players in at the last minute is rubbish. "Let's get them in when we're on a massive losing streak and everybody's confidence is low." - makes sense.

The debt is surely manageable. Will they suddenly start giving the manager 20m a year once the debt is gone? No chance. The debt is being repaid and the club can more than afford it with the megabucks they get from this TV deal. There is plenty left over which should be given to the manager - as with every single other of the 19 teams in the league - to improve his squad.

There's a lot of guesswork going on here.
There's also nothing to say that we don't have any money to spend - which incidentally I think we do.

Up until last week Bobby hadn't mentioned the need for another striker. That's changed now, the penny has dropped. Whereas before he spoke of a playmaker and a centre back, now he's got to stretch his funds to 3 players instead.

If he was sold on Shaqiri 100%, we'd be buying him, not loaning him. I reckon it's sensible too, he's obviously not sure he's the right type of 'character' but he knows he's a very good player, hence a tentative loan bid which is risk free.

Then we'd have money to buy a striker, e.g. Austin and a centre back, and we could make Shaqiri perm next summer.

If he was sold on him, I think we'd be offering to loan a striker instead, then spending the bulk on Shaqiri and a centre back.

He's playing it safe, he'll have other targets lined up, but he'll likely get a cheap/loan sorted first so he knows he can then blow the rest of his budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back