Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

¤ So what is that 'block' that made Schalke deal fall through?

¤ Why arent we willing to pay same amount of money than Stoke? £12-15m out of muscle hamster seems fair. If the rumour is true we only offer loan.

Conclusion. Theres something fishy in this. Why does Inter want to get rid? Why wont we shut Hughes pie hole with proper offer to Inter?
Either the man (Shaq) is having mental problems or something OR Martinez isnt after him at all.....OR our board is not releasing the funds for this deal.

Jesus....work this out before evertonians go mad.
He was likely only targeted because we thought he would probably come on loan, seeing as he isn't at the end of his present contract. That's how we do things.
Somebody's job must be to sell the club to him - then we say. "We want to have you on loan"

Totally illogical why we havent shifted players out so far. Even a few mil could make a difference and next year with 5 potentially finishing contracts its not ideal to be switching so many players at one time.
People have to buy them, Naismith maybe we could get a few takers but no one wants mcgeady kone or any of our "deadwood"

I wish I was as optimistic as that. At the minute any deal to be done is screaming desperation for me. Our "key" targets have found themselves signing for lesser clubs IMO. This may be media speculation but one confirmed in Ogbonna.
Still don't know why people are upset about ogbonna. He obviously wanted to play guaranteed first team football which we couldn't offer

Still don't know why people are upset about ogbonna. He obviously wanted to play guaranteed first team football which we couldn't offer
Or he may not have even had the choice? If we didn't come up with the readies.

No doubt we were interested though I think that's obvious, but I'm not convinced we matched West Ham's offer and the player had a choice.

Or he may not have even had the choice? If we didn't come up with the readies.

No doubt we were interested though I think that's obvious, but I'm not convinced we matched West Ham's offer and the player had a choice.
Seems like he did to me. Don't see why he'd mention us we weren't an option. Think everton being gentlemen was us being honest with him about playing time

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 86
I am on holidays so I can only dip in here occasionally. I gather that it looks as if Shaqiri is going to Stoke and that they or may not have beaten us to him.
I think there are huge question marks over the player and the loan option with a view to buying is most realistic.To go from Bayern to Inter to Stoke in six months is a huge fall in status. Substitute Everton for Stoke and we have to accept that there is still a fall away in status.
Certainly his signing would bring a buzz to the club and that is needed but this could be a dangerous signing and carries a risk.

Seems like he did to me. Don't see why he'd mention us we weren't an option. Think everton being gentlemen was us being honest with him about playing time
We'll agree to disagree on this one. As I say no doubt we were interested, that has been reported from many sources and more importantly the player himself, but nowhere have I read that we agreed a fee with his club.

I'm not convinced we had the 8 million to spend at that particular time, which also fits in with Martinez saying it was two in early, then more late in the window.

Think we're definitely waiting for funds to spend, otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't be in to the second week of the season looking badly exposed in a couple of areas and the manager stating his squad is not where he wants it.

My latest concern would be that a goal by Kone at the weekend will blind RM to the fact that we need to strengthen up front. Yes it would be great if Kone has found his mojo but one goal certainly doesn't show that and with the huge games coming up we could be playing catch from the off.

We have been lucky that lots of draws and big teams getting beat have cushioned the blow of a home draw but we looked awful and need new blood now and not at 6pm on the last day of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back