Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it football suicide to choose a team that is currently better than us that may well have a better manager

lazytown_oh_you.jpg

Ok.

¤ So what is that 'block' that made Schalke deal fall through?

¤ Why arent we willing to pay same amount of money than Stoke? £12-15m out of muscle hamster seems fair. If the rumour is true we only offer loan.

Conclusion. Theres something fishy in this. Why does Inter want to get rid? Why wont we shut Hughes pie hole with proper offer to Inter?
Either the man (Shaq) is having mental problems or something OR Martinez isnt after him at all.....OR our board is not releasing the funds for this deal.

Jesus....work this out before evertonians go mad.

60 pages of Adversus chatting pyar tosh and fume about Stoke not having signed Shaqiri yet?

I don't know how he does it.

Over three weeks to go mind you. :(

On topic:

I think our signings will be a huge surprise tbh.

Similar to how the Bilyaletdinov deal was carried out.

Hopefully a player that has bit more success however.

I don't know how he does it.

Over three weeks to go mind you. :(

On topic:

I think our signings will be a huge surprise tbh.

Similar to how the Bilyaletdinov deal was carried out.

Hopefully a player that has bit more success however.

I wish I was as optimistic as that. At the minute any deal to be done is screaming desperation for me. Our "key" targets have found themselves signing for lesser clubs IMO. This may be media speculation but one confirmed in Ogbonna.

Totally illogical why we havent shifted players out so far. Even a few mil could make a difference and next year with 5 potentially finishing contracts its not ideal to be switching so many players at one time.

But that £7-8 mil could be the difference between having enough to match a rival clubs bid for a Shaqiri, or the 60/70k off the wage bill to be able to match a rival clubs wage offer for a payet.

Naismith has a job for life at this club under martinez not because of ability or necessity but because he runs around a lot, the club isn't ran like a business and that's the problem with us as a whole sadly.

Regardless it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 weeks.

Even him and McGeady leaving could net close to £10mil. Thats the difference between Evans and a decent centre back who can actually compete OR almost an Austin/Shaqiri.

On reflection guess we'd get more than you were quoting for Naismith. He's got an excellent scoring record against the Sky teams, 3 seasons in a row against Chelsea for example, so think there is substantial proof he offers a bit more than the "runs around a lot" that he is often tagged with. Offered a choice between him, Jelavic and Anichebe I'd chose Steven every time and they went for ~6m two years ago.

Your last sentence reminds me of the Terry Pratchett phrase "may you live in interesting times".

I can see the interview now ..." We tried but this window us never a good time to buy players , we will go with what we got , a young phenomenal squad mixed with true professionals like Tony hibbert, Leon Osman,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back