Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The meltdown on social media is making us look so small time, much more small time than losing out on a player to Stoke.

Before anyone in possession of a Twitter account or the like goes full retard, please spare a thought for your fellow Evertonians living in exile. We get enough stick from the plastic Kopites and Mancs as it is. No need to heap it on ;)
Who cares what kopites and Mancs think, good on people finally speaking up, even if its only on twitter, at least they're trying, this clubs drifting backwards and something needs to start happening

Maybe we might follow up on our interest for Mertens with Shaqiri looking like he's gone to Stoke.
Mertens > Shaqiri for me like, but Kristoff mentioned our interest on July 1st and theres been nothing since.

We have Kenwright as the chairman.

We won't spend £12m upwards on a 28 years old. Yes he is a very good player but this club doesn't work like that.

Maybe we might follow up on our interest for Mertens with Shaqiri looking like he's gone to Stoke.
Mertens > Shaqiri for me like, but Kristoff mentioned our interest on July 1st and theres been nothing since.
To be honest I think Mertens is exactly the kind of player we want. Like a better Pienaar with a few top years left. However, there's plenty of evidence that he loves it at Napoli and if I remember rightly it was said by the Belgium journalist that he wasn't our top target and he couldn't see it happening.

We have Kenwright as the chairman.

We won't spend £12m upwards on a 28 years old. Yes he is a very good player but this club doesn't work like that.

The point is. Are we as skint as people think in THE most lucrative era of THE most lucrative league in the world. If so HOW? Genuine question.

The point is. Are we as skint as people think in THE most lucrative era of THE most lucrative league in the world. If so HOW? Genuine question.

We better ask Kenwright why.

Our net spent up to now is £4.2m. I guess the lowest in PL right?

On the basis that the club has officially commented on their finances and Stones' non-availability for sale I'm pretty certain I'm entitled to use this argument rather than suggest "they have no money until Stones is sold" or are using the money for other activities.

I really do not understand why you have to try and contradict almost every factual post made.
The clue is in his name!

Remember when it was announced a couple of seasons back about the massive telly windfall: "it'll put us on another level now. No more of the tight purse strings"....

No wonder they banned AGMs.

Martinez will look pretty stupid if we don't sign the 3 players.

So we probably still will.

paranoid now but... what if, don't get the 3 players...season goes very badly

martinez - 'well I did say we needed 3 players, but unfortunately we couldn't get them so the season hasn't gone well'

then it doenst look like Martinez fault if the season goes badly

where did we finish in the league last season? How much did we get beat by when we got knocked out of Europa league? Who signed Alcaraz? why are we not a force at home anymore? Another Everton fan who can't see the faults in the club.

Think all three of those are linked mate. Don't get me wrong the Europa league is a cracking competiton in the latter stages but it's fools gold for the most part.

where did we finish in the league last season? How much did we get beat by when we got knocked out of Europa league? Who signed Alcaraz? why are we not a force at home anymore? Another Everton fan who can't see the faults in the club.
You could say that about previous managers. All have bought duffs all have had bad results at some stage it happens in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back