Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely going to have a better squad but still dream of buying ''that stand out player'' who can win games by themselves and make something from nothing. One player alone can make a huge difference. Only problem is nobody will loan us one.
This sums it up really. A marquee signing would be well good.

It might be that mirallas injury is a bad one, it certainly didnt look great. I like Lennon...can't see mcgeady sticking around long if true.

Surprise that the Lennon story gets leaked after shaq turns us down and stans doing his show.

I like Lennon but hope he's not the best of what's coming in

Tbh if Miallas's ankle injury is as bad as it looked I'm glad if they chose to move the signing of Lennon up from a deadline day staring match to get the best price.

McGeady and Piennar aren't expected back this weekend and Deulofeu hasn't had many preseason minutes even if his hamstring has recovered. If signed, Lennon could be our only winger fit enough to start vs S'ton.

We'll still need the other 3 signings mentioned though.
Kev replied to someone on Instagram that the injury isn't too bad, so fingers crossed

The thing with it is it does say we still have to sort it with Spurs which is never the easiest thing!

Normally yes but they havent given him a squad number and its believed he has told Spurs he will only come back here so basically its accept a couple of million from us and get a player you have no intention of playing off the wage bill. Or dont accept the fee, pay the extra in wages and lose him anyway next year for nothing.

We hold all the cards here so i reckon it will be around £3.5 mill.

Lennon was always going to happen. Think the only reason he's coming in now rather than on deadline day is due to Mirallas' injury. Should all expect the 3 signings Martinez has talked about to go on top of this one.

Roberto had a dream
To buy some pristine players
He had no money so he signed nobody at all
With The Clev on left wing
And Robles upfronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt
Phenomenal is on its way back

If someone could come up with some properly sarcastic lyrics to this it could at least be an original and amusing protest???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back