Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot Austin.....that makes 3.

Even though it doesn't answer the number 10 questions I would not totally be upset with this. All three are good players who improve the squad. I'm a fan of both Austin and Lennon and don't think Evans gets fair treatment by most. Austin in particular would be a plus as i think we really need cover for Rom (and would like to see us have a strong option if we decide to go 2 up front).

Would rather see that than wasting money on someone Martinez doesn't really want in the 10 spot.

He would provide useful cover for when better players than him are unavailable, which could be a lot of the time given the way Mirallas and Deulofeu attract injuries. Not a star, not a match winner, probably a bit of a flatliner for the years ahead, but reliable and decent enough. If Spurs want to give him away cheap then fine, but we shouldn't forget our priorities are elsewhere in the squad/team.

A knee-jerk signing for a player than Roberto knows he can sign quite easily and which he feels will appease the fans?

Lennon's work rate was brilliant last season. For me he starts on the right wing unless Deulofeu starts to get back more and help out Coleman. Mirallas and Lennon on the wings will cause danger as long as we bring in a no.10.

Lennon is a very short term signing. We really shouldn't be signing players of that age and stage of career, not for a fee anyway. With noresale value or potential to improve its just too short sighted and the kind of signing you'd expect a Rednapp to make.

We got burned by Barry, seems the manager didn't learn his lesson from that one.

Lennon signing will just mean Del gets less minutes on the pitch as well, I honestly hope we don't get him.

Isn't Lennon like 27/28, younger than, say, Jesus Navas?

I like Lennon, works hard and it's another option.

Could we play a 3 of Deulofeu, Mirallas and Lennon behind Rom ? Move Ross back next to McCarthy ?
Possibly, but I still think we need an out and out number 10. If we do sign a striker then we can go 442 more, with Lennon giving us balance

Is Lennon a centre back, number 10 or a striker? There's your answer in my opinion

If you genuinely believe we will sign all 4 of those players then I would ask if you have payed attention to any of our previous windows. It will be Lennon and a CB.

There has been no way, even since the very start of summer that we were ever going to sign a Number 10

It's also worth saying Lennon's defensive efforts will allow us to play two strikers more to compensate for one less body in the midfield, as much as I like Mirallas he can often go walkabout defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back