Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone complaining about the Lennon signing in isolation is being stupid. The lad was arguably one of our 3 best players when he was here. Now if it turns out that he counts as one of the mystical 3 and is our equivalent of replacing the number 10 we desperately need then that's not good enough but save those fumes for 1st September.

Good player, decent business if under 5 Mill.

In other news Arron lennon is expected to be out for a long period on the sidelines due to a hamstring injury suffered during a routine Everton medical :pint2:

Really would rather up and coming players than ones who have been cast off from teams we are trying to compete with - Cleverley, Lennon, Evans.

Our scouts are a complete waste of time lately.

This. How can you compete with a rival if you take their worst players and give them money to buy better ones?

He was Celtic's best performer in the CL. It was the first time he ever played in the CL and he was comfortable at that level that's what I'm saying. Celtic were awful in that campaign but he wasn't. Here's a video of him.

I think Gary Hooper is quite decent. I was never a massive fan but he's a good instinctive finisher. The type who, in the correct set up, can score at least 8-10 PL goals per season. Not sure what he's got to do with this though. I'm telling you this guy is a rolls royce player with no real weaknesses. I've watched him every week for the past 2 years, I've watched EPL football avidly ever since I was a kid, he WILL cut it mate.

With the way we play we need players at the back who are commanding and can bring the ball out with confidence. He fits the bill completely.
The only reason I harp on about him so much is because he's a fantastic player who will be a star in England, and I'd rather it be in an Everton jersey than a Southampton one. We're losing out here.

looks almost as bad as that clown bobo balde was, lets be fair though, lets see if he can step up to a better level, give him six months in the conference, if he holds his own we should look again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back