Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was Celtic's best performer in the CL. It was the first time he ever played in the CL and he was comfortable at that level that's what I'm saying. Celtic were awful in that campaign but he wasn't. Here's a video of him.

I think Gary Hooper is quite decent. I was never a massive fan but he's a good instinctive finisher. The type who, in the correct set up, can score at least 8-10 PL goals per season. Not sure what he's got to do with this though. I'm telling you this guy is a rolls royce player with no real weaknesses. I've watched him every week for the past 2 years, I've watched EPL football avidly ever since I was a kid, he WILL cut it mate.

With the way we play we need players at the back who are commanding and can bring the ball out with confidence. He fits the bill completely.
The only reason I harp on about him so much is because he's a fantastic player who will be a star in England, and I'd rather it be in an Everton jersey than a Southampton one. We're losing out here.

Agree watch him a few times looks a steal at that price 8 to 10 mill , for any normal prem team it would be worth the gamble,
unfortunately we a not a normal prem team.
lots finally waking up to the bullshine we are fed from the board

He was Celtic's best performer in the CL. It was the first time he ever played in the CL and he was comfortable at that level that's what I'm saying. Celtic were awful in that campaign but he wasn't. Here's a video of him.

I think Gary Hooper is quite decent. I was never a massive fan but he's a good instinctive finisher. The type who, in the correct set up, can score at least 8-10 PL goals per season. Not sure what he's got to do with this though. I'm telling you this guy is a rolls royce player with no real weaknesses. I've watched him every week for the past 2 years, I've watched EPL football avidly ever since I was a kid, he WILL cut it mate.

With the way we play we need players at the back who are commanding and can bring the ball out with confidence. He fits the bill completely.
The only reason I harp on about him so much is because he's a fantastic player who will be a star in England, and I'd rather it be in an Everton jersey than a Southampton one. We're losing out here.

Talk to me about Johannson mate.

Everyone on mass fume because we didn't sign Shaqiri and signed Lennon. Yes I want the board out, but look at it realistically, we'd look back in 12 months and go fume, as we wasted our whole budget on an over-ego'd, tosspot who claimed he was bigger than Inter [Poor language removed] Milan :lol:

Lennon at £7m less, may well represent Martinez balking at the asking price for an erratic Winger, when in reality, we already have one in Mirallas. £7m more (if it's available), would free up the funds for an additional player (just not Jonny Evans, please).

Seen a Swiss plated Mercedes-Benz chauffeuring somebody at speed from m62 to m6 at 8pm tonight. Didn't turn off at Alderley edge so prob heading back to stoke. #notITK

I now understand why Roberto said we'll do some business early and some late. We were never ever going to be able to sign certain players like Payet, they went too soon in the window.

Apparently it's mid August when our finances get sorted for the year, so the money simply isn't there until that time. It's unnacceptable, as we're relying on our targets not being snapped up before our funds are freed. I wonder if we were ever seriously in for the likes of Ogbonna. We wanted him sure, but I'm sceptical we had the money to actually bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back