Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signings of Lennon particularly and even Cleverly are not going to take us forward. I suspect Shaqiri would have been a step in the right direction and Deulofeu probably is as well. But We've got enough average players as it is and Lennon and cleverly (and Evans if we sign him) fit squarely in that category.

Lennon is a desperate move. Tired of this all. Doesn't get in the starting 11 for me when everyone is fit.

He was particularly useful last Spring, and there were one or two times someone like Lennon was dearly missed

Dynamo Kyiv Everton
Shovkovskiy 1 24 Howard
Danilo Silva 2 3 Baines
gooaall-sml.png
Veloso 4 6 Jagielka
gooaall-sml.png

gooaall-sml.png
Yellow CardAntunes 5 10 Lukaku
gooaall-sml.png
Yellow Card
Yellow CardDragovic 6 14 Naismith(Koné 65'')
gooaall-sml.png
Yarmolenko 10 16 McCarthy(Yellow Card Besic 78'')
Sydorchuk(Buyalsky 64'') 16 18 Barry
Yellow CardRybalka 17 19 Atsu(Osman 65'')
gooaall-sml.png
Gusev(Kalitvintsev 90'') 20 20 Barkley
Khacheridi 34 23 Coleman
gooaall-sml.png
Teodorczyk(Kravets 75'') 91 30 Alcaraz
Substitutions
Garmash 19 1 Robles
Kravets 22 4 Gibson
Rybka 23 9 Koné
Burda 26 17 Besic
Buyalsky 29 21 Osman
Kalitvintsev 45 26 Stones
Dieumerci Mbokani 85 29 Garbutt

Have people not got any memory? For half a season he was comfortably our best player and added goals and assists to the team. He actually wants to leave a sky six team to play for us as he likes the club yet people don't want him because he's not a super young foreign prodigy Fifa starlet.

The only time Coleman gave some sort of performance last season was with Lennon in front of him. Started to look like the Coleman we know. Sure he's not a world class player but like you said he was out best player by an absolute country mile last season once he found his feet.

Fingers crossed we get him in for a small fee and get the other 3 in Bobby has mentioned.

Not too bad that idea though

Have we even tried that at any point? I want a brand new playmaker too like, and not some fisherprice one to tide us over... but on occasions I can remember Mirallas has been really effective down the middle when called upon over the years.

Kev likes cutting inside a lot anyway which maybe is in fact just his thing he likes to do and he's better left on the wing.... but his guile in the middle and willingness to be direct for Lukaku's slotmanship, when combined with someone with pace who hugs the touchline in Lennon and frees up Coleman to charge beautifully through people sounds boss to me... And Deulofeu on the left, too, maybe that could work.

But to get back to the good 'ol days we sort of want a like-for-like Pienaar replacement. Not easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back