Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon has been booted out of Spurs because he is not good enough for them.

He played well last season for us because he was playing for a contract. Lukaku and Barry looked like world beaters on loan - now a lot of fans are trying to work out how we can deal with their lack of effective contribution. In 12 months time we will be saying the same thing about Lennon.

When you have finished with your all seeing crystal ball, if I can borrow it for a while please that would be super.

If he comes in and helps to balance the right hand side up and allows Coleman to flourish he is doing a job for the team.

The 80's side was hardly full of world beaters, they were a very effective outfit because they worked well together. Surely you know that....right?

When you have finished with your all seeing crystal ball, if I can borrow it for a while please that would be super.

If he comes in and helps to balance the right hand side up and allows Coleman to flourish he is doing a job for the team.

The 80's side was hardly full of world beaters, they were a very effective outfit because they worked well together. Surely you know that....right?
Well I do agree that Lukaku and Barry look bang average at best now but I concede that may very well be Martinez being unable to coax even acceptable performances from virtually anyone at the club on a weekly basis. We had HK in his pomp directing affairs in the 80s. You cannot compare a legend of Everton and the English game as a whole with the Catalan clown now in charge.

Just because Lennon isn't the direct answer to some of the larger issues, doesn't mean we shouldn't forget he helps with other issues. Like hopefully not seeing Barkley, Naismith or Cleverly on the wing for extended periods of time.
Isn't that why we got Deulofeu?

Evans would be a terrible signing. He's a poor player that probably won't come cheap, and since he's only 27 he'll make it more difficult for Galloway and Browning to break into the first team for the next few seasons. What would be ideal would be loaning a CB, having them as cover for this season and then reassess the situation in 12 months.

If Lennon is bought in as a squad player who did a good job last season then fair enough. If he's one of the mythical "three signings" I'd be underwhelmed.

Don't think he will be mate, I still felt that even with the 3 he mentioned we still needed another winger as I reckon we can basically write off relying on Pienaar for anything over 8-10 games at this rate and still not sure of McGeady is going to still stake a claim for a squad place

He was particularly useful last Spring, and there were one or two times someone like Lennon was dearly missed

Dynamo Kyiv Everton
Shovkovskiy 1 24 Howard
Danilo Silva 2 3 Baines
gooaall-sml.png
Veloso 4 6 Jagielka
gooaall-sml.png

gooaall-sml.png
Yellow CardAntunes 5 10 Lukaku
gooaall-sml.png
Yellow Card
Yellow CardDragovic 6 14 Naismith(Koné 65'')
gooaall-sml.png
Yarmolenko 10 16 McCarthy(Yellow Card Besic 78'')
Sydorchuk(Buyalsky 64'') 16 18 Barry
Yellow CardRybalka 17 19 Atsu(Osman 65'')
gooaall-sml.png
Gusev(Kalitvintsev 90'') 20 20 Barkley
Khacheridi 34 23 Coleman
gooaall-sml.png
Teodorczyk(Kravets 75'') 91 30 Alcaraz
Substitutions
Garmash 19 1 Robles
Kravets 22 4 Gibson
Rybka 23 9 Koné
Burda 26 17 Besic
Buyalsky 29 21 Osman
Kalitvintsev 45 26 Stones
Dieumerci Mbokani 85 29 Garbutt
What are you going on about?

I like lennon a lot. But if we get him and 3 other new signings with no outs we will have a bloody huge squad.

Only huge when everyone is fit, thin on the ground when

Baines
McGeady
Deulofeu
Gibson
Hibbert
Pienaar
Besic
Garbutt ( though on loan )

All injured and then the likes of the following players still trying to find sharpness from injuries

Oviedo
Mirallas
Lukaku
Kone

Makes us look like we still need numbers

Did he actually say number 10?

I keep seeing it but now am
Worried he didn't actually use that word

"We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear".

Asked specifically abut his ongoing hunt for a ‘number 10’, he said “They aren’t players that are easy to find,” he said. “You want players with great vision and technical ability but who can also cope with the physicality of the league.

Lennon has been on the cards all summer so what he says there is nothing to do with his signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back