Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of stupidity on this thread has reached new levels and that is saying something.
We need players, the manager has said he wants three and the level of fume because he doesn't sign players like Shaqiri is amazing.
I would like Shaqiri because he would bring something different but I can see that it would be a signing with a lot of risk as well. A loan with an option to buy is sensible. I find it difficult to understand a player going from Bayern to Inter to Stoke/Everton in six months and can't help but feel there is a reason.
Lenton did well for us and yet his signing is being dismissed as underwhelming. We know what he brings and we are better with him in the squad.

I do hope Austin is the striker and I do believe we will sign players, the season finishes in May next not in three weeks time.

I have not put anybody on ignore but there are plenty I do skip over and ignore. I have not read a post from Adversus in days. There are others as well and I find it works well for me.

Well I do agree that Lukaku and Barry look bang average at best now but I concede that may very well be Martinez being unable to coax even acceptable performances from virtually anyone at the club on a weekly basis. We had HK in his pomp directing affairs in the 80s. You cannot compare a legend of Everton and the English game as a whole with the Catalan clown now in charge.

HK's pomp lasted 3 seasons, he did nothing again after that. He was close to losing his job with us until Heath kept us in a cup tie.

I don't see the need to compare them as it was not the point I was making. My point is that sometimes you need balance and Lennon as well as giving us that also allows Coleman to get forward, as he is inexperienced and disciplined enough to know what to do.

Martinez is having a rough time, but I don't think he is being written off just yet. If we see no signs of improvement or change soon and are in trouble then we either back him or sack him, no different to the position HK was in all of those years ago, only difference being Martinez has own silverware with a lesser side. Catalan Clown was funny at first but is not really that amusing any more.

Said I'd do this - man of my word:

https://soundcloud.com/tubey84-1/sign-someone-everton

LYRICS:

It's silly season, yes it's transfer time,
in the papers, it's a pantomime.
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Another player, another transfer dance,
he could go elsewhere, but to Stoke? No chance!
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
The transfer window's breaking,
we're out of time,
to shape our final destiny.

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
Missing out on that Shaqiri,
not to mention West Ham's Payet,
who will start the season...

Oh crap, Leon Osman,
Oh crap, Leon Osman.
I've lost the will, FFS Bill,
right now I'd settle for that...
I'd settle for,
settle for,
settle for Jo.

'Sake
Don't give up the day job mate.

I like Lennon but it all comes down to price in this deal. If we end up over paying for him I will be disappointed, anything over 5mil.

Lennon has been booted out of Spurs because he is not good enough for them.

He played well last season for us because he was playing for a contract. Lukaku and Barry looked like world beaters on loan - now a lot of fans are trying to work out how we can deal with their lack of effective contribution. In 12 months time we will be saying the same thing about Lennon.

Any more of our players you'd like to have a pop at mate ?

"Don't bring in Lennon because he doesn't start when everyone is fit" is a stupid statement. I was hoping the reminder of Kiev would make it obvious enough that I wouldn't need to say it so directly.
What has Kiev got to do with it? Lennon wouldn't have made any difference that night. Having stones in would have

How many are McCarthy Barry Cleverley and Barkley averaging? He got 2 with us last season in a few months. He'll score more from outwide than any of Barkley Mcgeady or Cleverley

McCarthy, Barry and Cleverley are not attacking players, Lennon is. I don't care if he got two for us, over the last 8yrs he has averaged 3 goals a season. We need goals!! Besides, how many wide players do we need. Mirallas, Deulofeu, McGeady, Pienaar, McAleny!? Kone can probably player there.

Would rather spend every cent on three quality players, then £1 on Lennon.

Only huge when everyone is fit, thin on the ground when

Baines
McGeady
Deulofeu
Gibson
Hibbert
Pienaar
Besic
Garbutt ( though on loan )

All injured and then the likes of the following players still trying to find sharpness from injuries

Oviedo
Mirallas
Lukaku
Kone

Makes us look like we still need numbers

Half of it (anyone with any creativity) will always be injured so I wouldn't worry about having to large a squad.

I'm thinking more about wage bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back