Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 3 years with us Martinez has taken every single player in the squad backwards, bar McCarthy and maybe Stones - and even him I'm unconvinced by. Look at Lukaku now - a pale embarrassing shadow of the all action goal scoring machine that we saw in his loan spell because Martinez has been unable to develop and grow his game. Barry - useless just picking up a wage and guaranteed a start come what may. Barkley - the great hope is now reduced to being a player without a position due to Martinez constant meddling.

Lennon, understandably booted out of Spurs because he is not of the required standard and Evans and Cleverly (Utd rejects) aren't what we need but you can be sure the manager will do these players no favours in terms of developing them, while simultaneously sidelining prospective outlets like Deulofeu as a result.
This is exactly how I feel. Its concerning im not the only person.

Lennon changed our fortunes almost single handedly last year and was so often the out ball and sense of urgency we lacked for the entire first half of the season.
It's not a case of people not wanting him I think it's more so people (me included) feel we have limited funds and whilst we'd like to have him back the money would be better used elsewhere, especially if we hold on and wait a season like we did with Cleverly. We would then be able to sign him for nothing, even if stays at Spurs until January surely his value would halve again.

Well I do agree that Lukaku and Barry look bang average at best now but I concede that may very well be Martinez being unable to coax even acceptable performances from virtually anyone at the club on a weekly basis. We had HK in his pomp directing affairs in the 80s. You cannot compare a legend of Everton and the English game as a whole with the Catalan clown now in charge.
But you had Lukaku as contender for player of the year alonsgide Jags in March - how can he be bang average at best now?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/phil-jagielka.69326/page-22#post-3453506

But you had Lukaku as contender for player of the year alonsgide Jags in March - how can he be bang average at best now?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/phil-jagielka.69326/page-22#post-3453506

nut-kick-o.gif

i've never been on any other football forum but we must have the most negative fans in the world based on the GOT sample.

Our manager said himself there was nothing in evans (i know he lies a lot, but he seemed more convincing than other times), but everyone seems to keep bringing up the name just to fit in with their negativity.

oh, shaqiri's turned us down for stoke, payet turned us down for west ham. jesus, do you ever sit back and read what you wrote. Then do you actually gather together you're evidence and prove these theories? nope, because you believe everything you read on twitter from Mr. Transfer Newss.

Give it a rest lads, you're making this forum look very stupid.
It's the pits this summer. Honestly. Don't know if it's because we got rid of the "reputation" button, we lost old members, or got new ones, but the level of moaning and personal vitriol directed at other posters is tiresome. Always valued Evertonians for a sense of perspective and humor. Intelligent readers of the game, welcoming to other fans (if they're reasonable), and without this sky sports sense of entitlement. Some of that comes from "knowing your history": which means knowing we've been great, but we've also been crap, AND that there are a lot of other great clubs in the Championship. There but by the grace of god and all that. Some comes from the real meaning of "Everton that": we contrive to make lives miserable for ourselves as a club. Which tends to make folks stoical rather than deranged fumers. Had such a laugh on here during last summer's transfer list. This summer: FUUUMMMMMMMMMME. All of us are frustrated, but the humorless whinging makes it so much worse.

Surely if we are after 3 other signings NOT INCLUDING Lennon? Then you would imagine one of those coming in this week? Surely leaving it to the last 2 weeks to conclude 3 transfer deals would be pushing it slightly?

I do certainly think Evans will be the CB though. If I had to guess:

Deloufeu: 4.5 mil
Lennon: £5 mil
Evans: £5 mil
Cleverly: Free
Striker: Loan
CAM: £6-8 Mil

Could possibly see Mcgeady leaving for £2-3 mil

Agree with last posts - all need to lighten up and find some positive angles to what is going on - very frustrating at the moment for all fans but remember that we all still want the team to do well - also agree with Carra tonight that we all need to get behind Ross this year !!! Come on lads remember who we support !

It's the pits this summer. Honestly. Don't know if it's because we got rid of the "reputation" button, we lost old members, or got new ones, but the level of moaning and personal vitriol directed at other posters is tiresome. Always valued Evertonians for a sense of perspective and humor. Intelligent readers of the game, welcoming to other fans (if they're reasonable), and without this sky sports sense of entitlement. Some of that comes from "knowing your history": which means knowing we've been great, but we've also been crap, AND that there are a lot of other great clubs in the Championship. There but by the grace of god and all that. Some comes from the real meaning of "Everton that": we contrive to make lives miserable for ourselves as a club. Which tends to make folks stoical rather than deranged fumers. Had such a laugh on here during last summer's transfer list. This summer: FUUUMMMMMMMMMME. All of us are frustrated, but the humorless whinging makes it so much worse.

BUT THAT OGBONNA LAD DEFO TURNED US DOWN FOR A MUCH BETTER PROSPECT IN WEST HAM BECAUSE HE CALLED US GENTLEMEN LAR!

OUR BOARD ARE A DISGRACE NOT PAYING £160,000 A WEEK FOR UKRAINIANS. I WOULD DO IT ON FM LIKE, JUST PAY THE MONEY FOR EVERYONE EVERY POSTER SAYS IS GOOD BECAUSE IT GROWS ON TREES.

SELL KONE, MCGEADY, OSMAN, HOWARD, STONES, NAISMITH, THE TOFFEE LADY, THE SUBSTITUTE BENCH AND THE RIGHT GOAL POST AT THE GLADWYS BECAUSE EVERY CLUB IN THE WORLD IS INTERESTED!

i've never been on any other football forum but we must have the most negative fans in the world based on the GOT sample.

Our manager said himself there was nothing in evans (i know he lies a lot, but he seemed more convincing than other times), but everyone seems to keep bringing up the name just to fit in with their negativity.

oh, shaqiri's turned us down for stoke, payet turned us down for west ham. jesus, do you ever sit back and read what you wrote. Then do you actually gather together you're evidence and prove these theories? nope, because you believe everything you read on twitter from Mr. Transfer Newss.

Give it a rest lads, you're making this forum look very stupid.
Our players and manager are making us look stupid in return.

Swings and roundabouts mate innit

Surely if we are after 3 other signings NOT INCLUDING Lennon? Then you would imagine one of those coming in this week? Surely leaving it to the last 2 weeks to conclude 3 transfer deals would be pushing it slightly?

I do certainly think Evans will be the CB though. If I had to guess:

Deloufeu: 4.5 mil
Lennon: £5 mil
Evans: £5 mil
Cleverly: Free
Striker: Loan
CAM: £6-8 Mil

Could possibly see Mcgeady leaving for £2-3 mil

Even after all this time we still can't put one name forward for the CAM role. Hope Roberto has someone in mind...for his sake.

Don't understand the angst at possibly signing Lennon.....

1) we could use him this weekend
2) he works hard and links well with Coleman
3) he keeps mcGeady off the pitch
4) He WANTS to be here

These are all good things.

I'm not saying it is the move of the year, but (especially at<4mill) it's still a solid move.

I'm happy to welcome him back!

That said, we need other signings and a couple should be of better potential than Aaron.

Dragovic and Yarmolenko are still out there...... As are Austin and Mertens (though none seem too likely)

VDV, Praet and Ziyech too (though I think they are bigger gambles - course they are cheaper).

Our players and manager are making us look stupid in return.

Swings and roundabouts mate innit

can't dispute that. don't understand why people have to round up all the negative stories in the papers and start believing it as gospel and froth at the mouth straight away before actually learning the truth.

On the positive mode now - surely Shaqiri can't really see Stoke as a better option to us ( no offence to stoke ). Maybe we have dodged a bullet here and there is better to come !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back