Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the positive mode now - surely Shaqiri can't really see Stoke as a better option to us ( no offence to stoke ). Maybe we have dodged a bullet here and there is better to come !!

yes...

254C5A4E00000578-0-image-a-3_1423130758496.jpg

I think that the fans have a right to fume to a certain extent. We were told what he wanted before the window even opened and we have seen players that ticked every box being snapped up while we lay dormant. I can understand the frustration caused by this situation. I also understand how in recent days the "fume" levels have risen to another notch as we are entering a season with no new players to strengthen the positions our manager confirmed needed strengthening. This means that a large chunk of the problems from last season will remain as no solution player has been brought in despite the weeks of opportunity.

Nothing wrong with Lennon, he was always going to sign in this window. It's either been hurried up by an injury to Mirallas or to calm down some angry fans after Shaqiri went balls up, but a decent in all the same.

But about that playmaker, centre half and striker...

Metro saying we agreed terms with shaqiri hahaha would be hilarious if he jibed us both off and went to germany
Imagine how funny it would be if he turned face and signed for us in the end. All those people who said they were happy he was going to Stoke cause he was a "bad influence" celebrating his abrupt about face. I love Evertonians.

What has Kiev got to do with it? Lennon wouldn't have made any difference that night. Having stones in would have

Your original argument (below) is silly. Good teams are deep, and having players that fit the 18 is just as important as just who fit the 11. The Kiev game saw Atsu start the wing (who had no business making the trip), Naismith starting on the other wing, Kone subbing in for Naismith, and Alcaraz starting in defense. You might argue whether Naismith should be a substitute (I think he's great in that role), but never out wide (nor Barkley). I think we can all agree that while Alcaraz was terrible that night, there were 3 other players in the squad who shouldn't have been (or shouldn't have been forced to be played in the wrong position). Lennon was greatly needed that night and nobody knows what might have been different if Martinez was able to fill round holes with round pegs.

Lennon is a desperate move. Tired of this all. Doesn't get in the starting 11 for me when everyone is fit.

Lennon is never about the "starting 11", as if anything is so simple. He's about making the squad stronger. And he's great at that, wether or not he starts. Lennon isn't a sexy transfer target like Geri, but he's a great target for the squad Martinez has right now.

Nothing wrong with Lennon, he was always going to sign in this window. It's either been hurried up by an injury to Mirallas or to calm down some angry fans after Shaqiri went balls up, but a decent in all the same.

But about that playmaker, centre half and striker...
No problem with getting Lennon. However if the 6mil reported is in any way near the mark, it is an unnecessary expenditure of good money we desperately need to buy quality in areas more urgently required.

Don't understand the angst at possibly signing Lennon.....

1) we could use him this weekend
2) he works hard and links well with Coleman
3) he keeps mcGeady off the pitch
4) He WANTS to be here

These are all good things.

I'm not saying it is the move of the year, but (especially at<4mill) it's still a solid move.

I'm happy to welcome him back!

That said, we need other signings and a couple should be of better potential than Aaron.

Dragovic and Yarmolenko are still out there...... As are Austin and Mertens (though none seem too likely)

VDV, Praet and Ziyech too (though I think they are bigger gambles - course they are cheaper).

If we sign Yarmolenko I will literally piss my pants. This is our year lads were gonna win the league.

Said I'd do this - man of my word:

https://soundcloud.com/tubey84-1/sign-someone-everton

LYRICS:

It's silly season, yes it's transfer time,
in the papers, it's a pantomime.
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Another player, another transfer dance,
he could go elsewhere, but to Stoke? No chance!
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
The transfer window's breaking,
we're out of time,
to shape our final destiny.

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
Missing out on that Shaqiri,
not to mention West Ham's Payet,
who will start the season...

Oh crap, Leon Osman,
Oh crap, Leon Osman.
I've lost the will, FFS Bill,
right now I'd settle for that...
I'd settle for,
settle for,
settle for Jo.

Where do I submit my claim, for the broken windows?

Whether or not Lukaku was a contender for player of the season last year (he was) that doesn't mean his game has developed or moved on since he joined.

I am very far from an apologist for Moyes but even I can reel off a list of names of players that grew into international quality under his tutelage.

I'm not arsed if we sign Lennon or not. He hardly pushed Spurs on, did he?

He did ok for us, nothing special. I think we should be looking for better at the price/wages it will cost.

Lennon;
i) he was one of the few bright spots towards the end of the season

ii) he isn't McGeady

This completely. How anyone can be dissapointed if we sign Lennon is behond me. He was one of our better players last season. He will replace McGeady who no doubt will be sold to accomadate him.

People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist. We WILL sign numerous players before the window shuts. We've said all along we will be leaving our final business late.

Nea about shaqiri....expensive gamble. And not even a natural No10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back