Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp

Having wide options of Deulofeu, Mirallas and Lennon would be excellent, and imo better than taking a punt on some fancy foreign bloke for double the price who isn't familiar with the league and its pace and strength, etc.

We know Lennon can deal with it. He was our best player in the second half of the season, scoring, assisting, winning penalties and free kicks, he was excellent.

Deulofeu can grow into it and become a key player if he gets his head down, and Mirallas can turn it on and off depending on his mood. I just hope with this contract situation out of the way he will get back to being the top player we know he can be.

McGeady must be on his way - there is no room for him as he'll be fourth choice and can only player on the wing, whereas the others, Lennon aside, can play central too.

In fact, if Pienaar ever gets fit, he ought to be ahead of McGeady in the pecking order too, so make that fifth choice. And I'd get put Oviedo out wide ahead of McGeady, but it looks like he's our first choice left back for the first half of the season, which I have no problem with.

If money really is so tight, and it's between this "number 10" and a striker, I hope we get a striker and concentrate on getting the ball out with and whipped in, but Barkley has a good chance of making the "number 10" spot his own at least in the next few weeks with no other contenders for the position.

We really must sign a centre back, even if it is on loan. Shame we are stuck with two useless goalkeepers.

If 2 of our supposed marquee signings are Lennon and Evans it will be very underwhelming. They may be decent squad players but will they improve our team and take us to the next level....I doubt it but then again i may be totally wrong .

Simple things like this:

Pass run score

And then spectacular things like this.

None of our current players do these things on a consistent basis.

Then there's this:

Do we not want our striker getting chances, because he does not at the moment.

Why don't you like him?

It's not that I don't like him I just don't think that missing out on him is all that devastating either.

Over the last 3 years he's averaged 6 goals and 4 assists per year. That's not awful but it's not exactly breathtaking either is it? It also suggests that he doesn't score goals quite as consistently as you make out.

It's not that I don't like him I just don't think that missing out on him is all that devastating either.

Over the last 3 years he's averaged 6 goals and 4 assists per year. That's not awful but it's not exactly breathtaking either is it? It also suggests that he doesn't score goals quite as consistently as you make out.

Weren't 2 of those years him at Bayern barely getting a kick though, from the start at least? There's no shame not getting in Bayern's team, especially over the last 2 or 3 years where their team is very settled. Perhaps a daft move going there in the first place.

I just think he's what we've been missing. It's not happening anyway, so to be honest, I need to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back