Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't sign players that we really want before the season starts, it's never how it is. Lukaku was a huge exception in more ways than one. All our big business is done towards the end.

Also would love to know why people are moaning about a centre back who's own clubs fans don't seem to rate very highly and plays in a poor league.
Reminds me of when everyone was raging when we signed Stones.

LOL

Absolute Footy Manager shout this, had him on it was a beast for that I'm in

No, my FM shout was Aubameyang over a month ago...saw this kid early on last season, solely because the stream was quality. He was quite a bit above the others on the pitch, even though he didn't score. He fits what we'd be looking for, going forward...more something to keep an eye on than an immediate slot-in unless we could get him for under £4M, which I doubt.

No, my FM shout was Aubameyang over a month ago...saw this kid early on last season, solely because the stream was quality. He was quite a bit above the others on the pitch, even though he didn't score. He fits what we'd be looking for, going forward...more something to keep an eye on than an immediate slot-in unless we could get him for under £4M, which I doubt.
Still boss on FM, would like to see him play if your saying he's good, don't watch much of their football but may keep an eye out for him

Add Nolito to the ruled out list :

“I go there or I stay at Celta, it does not matter which other teams come in,” he said.

“What is being said is all lies. I have not received an offer from Barcelona, and as far as I know the club have not either. I’ve said it all along, Celta are in charge because I have a release clause of €18million. It is true that there have been offers from other clubs but I have made the decision to stay here.

“You can not say no to Barcelona, in the case that they pay the clause of €18 million. Barca are one of the best teams in the world.”

Everyone saying Van Dijk isn't good enough for this league but now Southampton are in discussions with him suddenly everyone is raging.

Ridiculous.

Got to love people that don't watch Celtic/Scottish football dismissing his potential because "hur durr de scottish league is rubbish hurr durr."
Is the league overall a lower standard of football, yes. Are there still good footballers, yes.

McCarthy came from Scotland. Wanyama came from Scotland. Marshall and McGregor (2 excellent GKs) came from Scotland. It's not unreasonable to assume there is still talent in the Scottish leagues.

I think the Van Dijk to S'ton talk is well wide of the mark.

Nothing will happen with Van Dijk until the 2nd leg of the CL playoff is finished on the 25th of this month. Then there'll be actual bids flying in from different clubs, I'd expect one of them to be us at that stage, more especially if Stones has left.

Got to love people that don't watch Celtic/Scottish football dismissing his potential because "hur durr de scottish league is rubbish hurr durr."
Is the league overall a lower standard of football, yes. Are there still good footballers, yes.

McCarthy came from Scotland. Wanyama came from Scotland. Marshall and McGregor (2 excellent GKs) came from Scotland. It's not unreasonable to assume there is still talent in the Scottish leagues.

For what it's worth, I spoke to an ardent Celtic fan today and asked him about Van Dijk.
He said he's the best Celtic player he's seen in the last 20 years, but he has barely broken sweat for the club recently except in European games - basically due to the lack of serious opposition domestically.

What is funny is that Southampton sell their good players every year =GOT fuming that we're going to sell all our players (we don't). Then when Southampton use the money to buy replacements = GOT fumes at all the players Southampton are buying.

i for one am really happy about holgate signing

JS69300295.jpg

Mason Holgate scores Barnsley's winning goal in a pre-season win over Huddersfield

Everton are on the brink of signing highly-rated Barnsley defender Mason Holgate from under the noses of Bournemouth in a deal worth £1m.

The Blues have swooped for the 18-year-old, who spent part of the summer on trial at Manchester United, just as Eddie Howes’ Premier League newcomers thought they had lured him to the South coast.

Holgate, who made 22 appearances for the League One outfit after breaking into the team last term, has been compared to John Stones, who followed the same path from academy graduate at the Tykes to Merseyside.

It is understood Everton will pay £500,00 up front and the fee could eventually increased to in excess of £1m in add-ons.

Arsenal have also been linked with the classy defender, who can operate at right back or central defence, while Aston Villa were also reportedly monitoring him.

JS53810524.jpg

Mason Holgate vies for possession in Barnsley's FA Challenge Cup Third Round clash with Middlesbrough - Saturday 3rd January 2015

If talks at Finch Farm progress it is believed that the transfer could officially be announced later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back