Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he is starved of cash, if he is why make the statement about three players. If he can't say there is no money for transfers don't heighten expectation by talking about possible new players
Because he will get them in eventually. They may not be the three you want, but there will be players in. I dont think any lies are being told in that respect. He's being denied cash for quality players and time to fit them in. I'm pretty sure when he signed up to late deals he didn't have that in mind.

The leaked Ross emails underline how campaigns to lift the lid have the club in a tailspin - calling in every favour they can in an attempt to neuter the issue. They live in fear of a sustained examination by outsiders. They still retain the image of a 'well run club', but the gloss is coming off rapidly.

The question is mate, will there be a sustained period of examination of the board and the lack of action from them?

We have little spurts where it looks like a bit of momentum is taking place but then nothing again. I would say the sale of Stones and not reinvesting the money, or not purchase g these 3 so called players we need would turn the screw on the board. In fact it's only the performances ( or lack of ) on the pitch that really starts getting people to look what's going on off the pitch.

Because he will get them in eventually. They may not be the three you want, but there will be players in. I dont think any lies are being told in that respect. He's being denied cash for quality players and time to fit them in. I'm pretty sure when he signed up to late deals he didn't have that in mind.
If he can't get the players he needs or wants and he won't resign on a point of principle then why doesn't he change the tactics to suit the players he has got.

Apologies for off topic. But do you really think so? They seem like Teflon to me. Kenwright is one of the cleverest salesmen you'll ever meet when it comes to promoting himself. He has won the majority of the media over and a great deal of Evertonians.

I think we've moved into a different period now though. To be getting not much revenue and allowing the manager of the day a proportion of that (and that manager doing well with it) will get positive media attention. It wasn't so much Kenwright's spin and media charm that sealed the deal with the media it was the fact that there really wasn't a lot of revenue coming into the club (their fault of course) and we were getting results with it and it looked like good housekeeping. Now we're looking at something different: a massive wave of cash that's been thrown at Everton and seems to be getting witheld. The media are already sniffing around this and Kenwright sounds like a man not able to carry the fight to the media anymore.

My theory is that he's been on-board with backloading the significant transfer activity but never reckoned it'd be this late. The Stones affair is complicating dealings, no question.

Moyes went through this and got the dithering moniker. It's part and parcel of the manager's job at Goodison (though we were lulled into a false sense of security that this tactic would be abandoned with the extra revenue).

Yes the idiots who labelled Moyes a ditherer must feel rather stupid now. Or is it coincidence that we just attract the two dithering managers consecutively who refuse to spend the pot of gold they are given.

This is probably Martinez's challenge. What worries me, is given how precarious his job may be in two months time, given our awful fixtures, and some discontent from below of the fans it will be very easy for him to appease the board above him. I have a sneaky feeling Martinez will go for this.

As for signings. I put it earlier I can see a mad re run of two years ago. Stones out, Evans loaned in and Austin waiting in a car to be signed for 15 million when he does. Possibly Lennon too. Where the additional 10 million goes is anyones guess and will be forgotten about. We also have no creative number 10.

Two years ago that approach worked. We touched lucky with Barry in that we got a good season out of him. Even luckier with Lukaku as we had a very good player available for loan (can you see another Lukaku being available) and Martinez could pull in favours to get McCarthy. That was luck though, no a modus operandi for how to conduct transfers.

After Lennon, Austin and Evans come in, Martinez will be trotted out to say we've got our 3 playes=rs, spent what we brought in, Bill loves Everton etc. He'll have learnt his place in the heirarchy and will enjoy the same protection Moyes had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back