Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Mourinho will react now when it's put to him in his press conference that Martinez has said exactly what he asked him to say?

Will he shrug and accept it on face value? Or come out with some snide remark to deflect the question?

Or will it not get mentioned because the press are so far up his backside and have been desperate to play a part in Chelsea's shenanigans...

Course they will ask him.

And his response will be something along the lines of

'he's not for sale, no story to find here, we don't bid for player who isnt for sale'

totally agree. but if we brought in 3 top quality players on loan, that's not coughing up at all.
at the end of the day we will have three quality players and saved up the money to pick at least a couple of them up permanently next Summer (the way this seems to be going). It would probably also mean that we'd have them pegged at today's price and not the inflated price when the New Sky money kicks in next season.
For a Club that seems to be pretty incompetent at raising money Commercially, the fact we can spend it wisely is a positive trait.

I do worry tho that kone could have changed his mind back about the striker position after saturday, i really think austin would fit in well with us aswell wether he’s filling in or working with lukaku.

at the end of the day we will have three quality players and saved up the money to pick at least a couple of them up permanently next Summer (the way this seems to be going). It would probably also mean that we'd have them pegged at today's price and not the inflated price when the New Sky money kicks in next season.
For a Club that seems to be pretty incompetent at raising money Commercially, the fact we can spend it wisely is a positive trait.
Slows down the club though mate. Our big money signings last summer were players we already had, so very little in regards to freash new options to go ahead with.

As much as a lukaku or del deal is fantastic for us, I'd rather sign the players now and invest money into players next year in the places we need to.

Manager then receives huge pay rise to keep happy and on board.

That's how it worked under Moyes - you'd hope (and I'd hope fans of Martinez would hope it too) that our current manager has a bit more dignity than to be put in a position where he says one thing definitively in a presser, only to have the rug pulled from under his feet and just tamely accept it.

Regardless of what I think of Martinez tactically, he's undeniably got a bit more class and dignity about him than our last one did.

This transfer window will prove a lot of things really. It's an interesting one.

Martinez saying Stones isn't for sale (again) doesn't mean anything. Hlollies all the time. Manager's have to. No matter how far down the line (or not) negotiations are, he would never say that. What he should say is "we don't want to sell him, but we will if a silly deadline day bid comes in. Then we will be signing players with that money".

No inside info here at all, just my own opinion. But I think Stones will go on deadline day. I think about 3 days before the window shuts he will put in a transfer request. Then Martinez gets to use his "we didn't want to sell, but at the same time we don't want to keep people here who aren't committed" line. Plus the request will cancel any signing on fee Stones would have been due. Nothing will happen without a transfer request because then Stones looks like the bad guy. Same with Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell, and Fellaini.

I think the Stones transfer/lack of transfer is obviously affecting our dealings. At the moment we are probably looking for 5-10mil players, but if Stones goes that will obviously change drastically.

This is exactly why the window should shut before the season starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back