Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-urges-9855487

Everton boss Roberto Martinez urges fans: "Trust me on transfers"
Everton boss adamant his squad will be stronger when window closes

• Everton boss adamant his squad will be stronger when window closes

JS43082352.jpg

Romelu Lukaku completes a club record £28m move to Everton from Chelsea.

Roberto Martinez has urged Everton’s fans to “trust” the club to finish the transfer window with a stronger squad.

The Blues boss is targeting three more signings before the deadline on September 1 to add to the acquisition of Tom Cleverley and Gerard Deulofeu this summer.

Martinez says Everton, who tied up a deal for teenage defender Mason Holgate today, are “close” to bringing in those new players.

And the Catalan insists Everton will emerge from the window stronger than they entered it.

“We are close,” he said.

“We know exactly what we need and who we need.

“It’s case of working has hard as we can to get them.

“From the last two seasons we have gone from window to window it is about getting stronger and this is not going to be different in this one.

Martinez-Cleverley.jpg

Tom Cleverley officially joins Everton, one of only two signings so far for the Blues

“That trust and belief should be shared between us in the football club. And relying on the core of players in the key to success.”

Martinez was also keen to stress that the nucleus of the squad that finished fifth in his first season at Goodison is still intact.

“Two years ago we finished fifth and then had a fantastic experience in Europe, we have not lost any of those top performers and that is a real positive,” he said.

“The next three players who are to come in are going to help towards that.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-urges-9855487

Everton boss Roberto Martinez urges fans: "Trust me on transfers"
Everton boss adamant his squad will be stronger when window closes

• Everton boss adamant his squad will be stronger when window closes

JS43082352.jpg

Romelu Lukaku completes a club record £28m move to Everton from Chelsea.

Roberto Martinez has urged Everton’s fans to “trust” the club to finish the transfer window with a stronger squad.

The Blues boss is targeting three more signings before the deadline on September 1 to add to the acquisition of Tom Cleverley and Gerard Deulofeu this summer.

Martinez says Everton, who tied up a deal for teenage defender Mason Holgate today, are “close” to bringing in those new players.

And the Catalan insists Everton will emerge from the window stronger than they entered it.

“We are close,” he said.

“We know exactly what we need and who we need.

“It’s case of working has hard as we can to get them.

“From the last two seasons we have gone from window to window it is about getting stronger and this is not going to be different in this one.

Martinez-Cleverley.jpg

Tom Cleverley officially joins Everton, one of only two signings so far for the Blues

“That trust and belief should be shared between us in the football club. And relying on the core of players in the key to success.”

Martinez was also keen to stress that the nucleus of the squad that finished fifth in his first season at Goodison is still intact.

“Two years ago we finished fifth and then had a fantastic experience in Europe, we have not lost any of those top performers and that is a real positive,” he said.

“The next three players who are to come in are going to help towards that.”

Things like this get me excited again.

I'm pretty certain that we're not. He's not going anywhere for less than £15m and if we were prepared to cough up that kind of money we'd have made a bid well before now.
Agreed, something else than just Twitter rumours would have leaked by now. Honestly can't see us spending 15m on him.

Great interview that. We're all going to be bouncing when 3 new players walk onto the pitch at half time against City, gives the crowd a lift and we go on to win.. see Gibson vs City game were Jelavic came on ;)

Agreed, something else than just Twitter rumours would have leaked by now. Honestly can't see us spending 15m on him.
I can still see us signing him. Highly doubt he will sign a new contract with QPR so I expect us to bid around 10m if hes still available on deadline day and we haven't signed a striker then. Hearing that clubs are put off by his leg(?) so I have been told

...I appreciate we don't have the money of other clubs but it is painful that we have to go to the wire and tease as much as we can out of every deal as opposed to getting what we want in early before things kick off. It's like a game of poker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back