Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as he is, anyone else think Yarmolenko is a totally different player to the one Martinez has been describing and the fans have been after all summer?

Was thinking more of an Iniesta/Silva type.

winger who likes cutting in, has great technical ability, has a great record with assists and scoring, can play any front position, sounds exactly like what we need mate, think too many got caught up on this number 10 thing, was always likely to be a wide player who could be that playmaker due to the players we already have centrally that wont be dropped.

if ya like a positional replacement for Pienaar (which is why Mertens sounded ideal)

As good as he is, anyone else think Yarmolenko is a totally different player to the one Martinez has been describing and the fans have been after all summer?

Maybe Yarmolenko is the 'forward' he has been wanting, and he'll get someone like that ziyech lad for cheaper

Maybe Yarmolenko is the 'forward' he has been wanting, and he'll get someone like that ziyech lad for cheaper

This is my thinking. Has everything necessary to make the transition to playing the type of role that Kone played on Saturday. Could be bringing him AND another creative player as well as the CB.

......though... could all be jarg

Agreed. Although I would be pleased with the signing, I very much think he is of the Mirallas mould.

Not really the central attacking midfielder that will play it in for Lukaku that we need.

I see his wiki page has everton next club.

Anyone concerned about the league this lad's coming from?

I am. I hardly think it's competitive.

Would like to know bluestevon's take on this or anyone else with knowledge of that part of the world.

Just found this on Yarmolenko's Wiki Page:

Everton
In August 2015, Yarmolenko agreed a lucrative 5-year deal to move to the Merseysiders. He was quoted as saying, "Phil Jagielka's bongo drum forehead scoring against us made me realize just what football is all about."

Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back