Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as he is, anyone else think Yarmolenko is a totally different player to the one Martinez has been describing and the fans have been after all summer?

Was thinking more of an Iniesta/Silva type.

Yep, I said that a few pages. But still, U suppose if a player of Yarmolenko's ability is available for a decent fee and he's keen to join, maybe the manager feels he can't turn away the opportunity to sign hi. Assuming we are in for Yarmz of course.

I see his wiki page has everton next club.

Anyone concerned about the league this lad's coming from?

I am. I hardly think it's competitive.

Would like to know bluestevon's take on this or anyone else with knowledge of that part of the world.

Do you think he is the type of central attacking midfielder Martinez is after though? I see him as playing a very similar role to Mirallas.

Would like to know bluestevon's take on this or anyone else with knowledge of that part of the world.
The fact he made an absolute show of our team, (Baines and mccarthy in that) gives me confidence in him.

Not many players have been able to do that to baines over the years

The fact he made an absolute show of our team, (Baines and mccarthy in that) gives me confidence in him.

Not many players have been able to do that to baines over the years
He's no doubt good. But 25 years old and played in the Ukraine all his life? I do have doubts exactly how good, tbh.

the league is utter crap mate, only a few games each year that are against decent teams, seen more of him in Europe though were he always looks their best player by a mile.

their is a bloke that used to live over their who may have sene him more like, it reminded me to much of watching scottish footy to stick it through

this thread has basically hit kopite levels of giddiness... the only difference being that most of us are self-aware enough to pretend we're being ironic about it
to be fair there's also been no 'Last piece of the jigsaw' and 'We're going to win the league' nonsense, and quite a few are questioning the league he's come from and if he's actually the sort of number 10 we're after.

the league is utter crap mate, only a few games each year that are against decent teams, seen more of him in Europe though were he always looks their best player by a mile.

their is a bloke that used to live over their who may have sene him more like, it reminded me to much of watching scottish footy to stick it through
Thanks mate. Anyone we all know who you could compare him to style-wise?

He's no doubt good. But 25 years old and played in the Ukraine all his life? I do have doubts exactly how good, tbh.

Never comes across as a massive ego mate, and think initially he struggled with the hype around him - maybe like barkley did, seems to have become more self confident as he's gotten older

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back